Hoosier here

Hey neighbor, nice to meet ya. Any good yarn shops up there? Closest I have is Hobby Lobby in Muncie. Went there today and was very disapointed. Not much yarn in stock. I found a new brand called "I love this yarn".

Hey Christina.... NOPE, no local yarn shops any longer. Last one went out about 10 years ago. Now I have to go to Fort Wayne that has HL, Michael's and Joann Fabrics. Joann has the nicest selection as far as variety. HL is a bit limited but does have "I love this yarn" and it is lovely yarn to work with. Michael's supply and variety is small as well. There used to be a couple of LYS's in Fort Wayne but they are gone now. Marion still has a couple of LYS stores as well as a small but rather good Joann's Fabrics.

Hi Christal. Any yarn shops in your area? How about crochet groups? There was a local crochet club trying to get started here in Bluffton but I haven't seen any notices lately for when and where they will be meeting if they are still meeting. Used to be the library.

Barbara

Hello Christina! My Grandmother lived on a farm just outside Dunkirk, and my family is in Muncie. We're in Indy and I'm fortunate to have one LYS within bicycling distance of my home. Most of their stuff is fairly pricey, though, and for the dolls I love to crochet, basic acrylic (read Red Heart) is the best. Welcome to the 'ville. Its a great place :-)

Beth

Hello. I am in Van Buren. Small town about 15 minutes from Marion. My DH went to Jay County High School and lived in Portland for quite a while. But that was several(about 15) yrs ago. Nice to see another Hoosier on the board.

Lesley

Hey Christina.... NOPE, no local yarn shops any longer. Last one went out about 10 years ago. Now I have to go to Fort Wayne that has HL, Michael's and Joann Fabrics. Joann has the nicest selection as far as variety. HL is a bit limited but does have "I love this yarn" and it is lovely yarn to work with. Michael's supply and variety is small as well. There used to be a couple of LYS's in Fort Wayne but they are gone now. Marion still has a couple of LYS stores as well as a small but rather good Joann's Fabrics.

Hi Christal. Any yarn shops in your area? How about crochet groups? There was a local crochet club trying to get started here in Bluffton but I haven't seen any notices lately for when and where they will be meeting if they are still meeting. Used to be the library.

Barbara

:hook We have Hobby Lobby & Joann's. No local groups that I know of.

wow, lets see. my church has started a class for knitters. will have to look up addy for michaels in ft. wayne. I grew up in jay county, just had moved out of state for a bit. Back home again. It would be great if we could get together like once a month, just to chat and have coffee. what do ya think?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
Hey ladies I'm in in Speedway, IN Glad to see some Hoosiers on here!

I'm from Speedway, too! I grew up on the edge of Speedway and the west side! Then as an adult, I lived directly in Speedway, twice. Gotta say it...I MISS IT!!

Archived