naekelsey

Converting a picture into a crochet pattern

12 posts in this topic

Is there any way to turn a picture into a crochet pattern? I am really good at figuring out my own patterns if they have to do with straight lines, just not sure how to do curves.

My daughter is preggers so I would love to do a monkey afghan to match her crib bedding.

Any help would greatly be appreciated..

Janae

I don't know if you could copy it exactly (if you can, it is beyond me) but maybe you could incorporate elements of the bedding into a blanket? Could you attach a picture or a link to her bedding so we can see what you are trying to achieve?

Kris

pG01-4800429_alternate1_reg.jpg

Here is a copy of the monkey and background I would like to do..Haven't had time to look at knitpro yet since I am busy doing the baby shower invites...

janae

That would be darling as a afghan. I agree with suggestion to create a graph and do it in hdc. I have a program that I can do it in if you need help, let me know.

there's also a software program for cross-stitch that I use called PM Stitch that may work as well. just convert the pattern from the graph.

you can download a 15-day trial here.

~Cail

(who has been so busy hasn't had time to be here much! :crocheting)

I want to crochet a NY Jets blanket for my husband and I used the microrevolt.com tool and the graph came out three different colors even though the pic I used was only two colors. Do I really need to use three colors or would it look just as good with the two?

I want to crochet a NY Jets blanket for my husband and I used the microrevolt.com tool and the graph came out three different colors even though the pic I used was only two colors. Do I really need to use three colors or would it look just as good with the two?

How important is it to your husband to only use the team colors? I'd base my decision on using two colors on that.

If you go to crochetbynumbers.com you can get a picture turned into a pattern. They even have a tutorial.

Help Please ASAP!!! I need help converting a rubber band project I did for my Navy Daughter into a crochet pattern from a photo or graph paper. On the graph paper it is 25 stitches wide and 36 high. I am using a size K crochet hook and need the finished product to be a large lap throw or a Twin Bed.