3 Testers Needed For Very Simple Dish Cloth TESTERS FOUND!

BarbaraJean

I've written up a pattern for a dishcloth and would appreciate 2 or 3 people who would be willing to test the pattern for me.

It's a simple pattern using chain stitch, hdc stitch and dc.

Materials needed: approx. 1.5 oz of worsted weight cotton yarn and a size H/8 crochet hook

Thanks!

Testers who have been emailed the pattern:

Crocus58

darcee

rii698

wiz3283

gumby28

Ldyjarhead

ymeador1

goofy

P1010487.jpg

Ladies, you are awesome! If you haven't already sent me a PM please do so with your email address and if you would prefer to receive the pattern as a PDF or a Word document.

I'm on a dishcloth kick right now too and wanted a pattern that is a little more airy so I'm hoping this will work.

This pattern is exactly as promoted -- a very simple dishcloth. It is great!! I have never made a dishcloth before, but this was a great introduction, and I cannot imagine purchasing one again, after realizing how do-able it is to make my own. Thank you for the confidence booster.

I appreciated the opportunity to test it for you. Here are my photos of the finished product:

th_10-18PyramidsDishcloth.jpg [clicky]

Close-up of stitches

th_10-18Close-upofPyramidsDishcloth.jpg [clicky]

I used 100% Cotton Peaches & Cream with an H-8 hook. While taking breaks for a few sips of coffee, I was able to make this pattern in about an hour from start-to-finish.

Here is the one I made with P&C and h hook. Very easy pattern and worked up in about 25-30 minutes. Great pattern. Oh and its about 8x8. This pic was right off the hook and not blocked. (I never block dishcloths)

th_dishclothtest.jpg

Barbara, did the main part last night before bed and will edge and get a photo up after a little while.

Your pattern was very easy to understand and well written, your photo also made it easy in case one needs a visual, some people like that, I know I do:)

FYI, as I am on vacation visiting with my son and family away from home, I had thought I brought some cotton with me but did not find any in my stash, so I worked it up with some red heart white and will edge with teal, I used your suggested hook and will take a pic later and post if I can from this computer:)

Congrats on your pattern and thank you for letting me test this for you.

Yvette

I finished the washcloth. I used peaches and cream cotton with an H hook. Will get the measurements and a pic afterawhile. I think I should have used a bigger hook as I crochet tightly. The pattern was written well and easy to understand. Great pattern!

Thanks to all who have reported in! :cheer

I have corrected the "ch 4 in next 4 dc" to "dc 4 in next 4 dc ". Nice catch!

One tester also caught a place where I missed "skip next ch sp". I can easily add that in but I have a question about this step.

Another tester suggested: "This may only be my personal feeling, but I think you could eliminate most of the "skip next ch space" verbiage and simply say "dc in next dc, ch 1, dc in next dc". I think it would be easier to follow. I tended to get "lost" in the middle of the row."

I tend to agree because it's so easy to forget where you are in the pattern. I would like your opinions on this. You can post here rather than emailing me.

How wonderful to see your pics! You all have done such a great job and I really appreciate your help with my first pattern. :yay

One tester also caught a place where I missed "skip next ch sp". I can easily add that in but I have a question about this step.

Another tester suggested: "This may only be my personal feeling, but I think you could eliminate most of the "skip next ch space" verbiage and simply say "dc in next dc, ch 1, dc in next dc". I think it would be easier to follow. I tended to get "lost" in the middle of the row."

I agree. I think it reads easier the way it is suggested.

I have corrected the "ch 4 in next 4 dc" to "dc 4 in next 4 dc ". Nice catch!

I tend to agree because it's so easy to forget where you are in the pattern. I would like your opinions on this. You can post here rather than emailing me.

How wonderful to see your pics! You all have done such a great job and I really appreciate your help with my first pattern. :yay

I think less is better so eliminating "skip next ch sp" would work for me as well. I am a stitch counter and would like to see counts at the end of every row.

I think less is better so eliminating "skip next ch sp" would work for me as well. I am a stitch counter and would like to see counts at the end of every row.

Actually, I agree. I wrote the "skip next ch sp" into the pattern that I printed out, just to continue with the feel of the way the pattern was written, but I believe it would be just as easy to follow by saying, "dc in the next 2 dc." I, too, love having a stitch count at the end of each row. I have seen it done (6 dc and 5 ch 1 spaces), or, whatever your ending count looks like, but even having the (6 dc) at the end would be enough to let me know I was following the pattern correctly.

Archived