Bernat Berella 4

Has anyone else used this yarn? I am so disappointed in it.. I had purchased 10 skeins of this to make a sweater for someone who is paying me.. Out of 6 skeins of yarn they were defected, you would crochet awile and than the yarn was cut, I would pull out some more to wind up the rest to make a ball and whole and behold there would be more areas cut up and all in all out of these 6 skeins of yarn I got a total of 9 small balls of yarn.. I have called Bernat left msg, the lady called me back and I was not home, she left a msg saying that they are the manufacture and cannot sell to me and told me to go to their website for a list of stores.. HELLO lady the msg I left you was I already purchased the yarn and was not happy with it.. So I took the next step and emailed them, I get a email back and the same thing.. Here is the copy of the email from them and what I had wrote..

My email to them:

I have tried calling a few times and left a few msgs regarding the purchase of 10 balls of Bernat Berella 4.. I was in the middle of making a project with this yarn when 6 balls of this yarn was a defect. The yarn was cut in many places which ended up to where I had anywhere from 8-10 smaller balls of yarn out of each skein of yarn. This ended up being where I had to tie these together to finish the project. I am very disappointed in this yarn. I was unable to return this to the store because they considered the yarn as being used.

The response email I get back:

Hi

Thank you for contacting our company. We are very interested to hear about your concerns and questions regarding our patterns, and yarns.

Since we are the manufacturer, and only sell to stores, we are unable to sell directly to you the consumer. If you cannot find what you are looking for in your area, you can either try the store locators on our web sites http://www.bernat.com/store.php http://www.patonsyarns.com/store.php http://www.sugarncream.com/store.php or one of the etailers / mail order companies on the attached list.

Once again thank you for contacting our company, If for some reason you are still having problems please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks!

Your Friends at Patons, Bernat and Lily.

Doris Erb

Web site, Pattern and Yarn Support

Spinrite LP

So I get more or less nasty with a email to them this morning..

I dont think you understand here, I have already PURCHASED this yarn at my local store. The 6 balls of yarn that I purchased half way thru each of them was CUT and I had to retie them together. Some of which when pulled thru there was even more areas cut which assumed in making small balls of yarn.. I want REPLACEMENTS of this yarn. I am VERY VERY UNSATISFIED with this PRODUCT..

Now waiting to see what they will say to the new email that I sent..

I am so unhappy with this yarn. I even went back to Michaels to return it but they wouldnt take it because of it already being used and told me to contact Bernat about the yarn..

Has anyone else used this yarn? I am so disappointed in it.........

It sounds like you are getting very frustrated and warranted too but do not give up. You have a consumers right to have a well made product.

Did you call the 1-800- number in Canada listed on their site? Is there a different number on the yarn wrapper? Keep e-mailing and also send a registered snail-mail letter with a couple of photos showing the problem. As expensive as 10 skeins are nowadays, keep at them until they resolve this.

I hope it is resolved soon.

Did you call the 1-800- number in Canada listed on their site? Is there a different number on the yarn wrapper? Keep e-mailing and also send a registered snail-mail letter with a couple of photos showing the problem. As expensive as 10 skeins are nowadays, keep at them until they resolve this.

I hope it is resolved soon.

Yes I did call the 1-800 number that was on their site, you get a recording and than you have to leave a msg.. I did this twice since the first time the lady called and I wasnt home and she left the msg stating where I can purchase the yarn. So I called back and told her I have already purchased the yarn I have a complaint on the product of the batch I have, got no return call back.. So I went and emailed this time and the same lady is the one who emailed me back.. She is either dumb and does not understand that I have already purchased the yarn and have a complaint about it, or she is trying to ignore my problem..

I'm sorry to hear that you got defective yarn, and customer service reps who aren't understanding your problem at all! :think I got some Berella 4 about a month or so back.

I'm currently knitting my husband a sweater out of it and I've had no problems so far. Well, not with the yarn anyhow... just my knitting abilities and lack thereof. :lol

Archived