Which is the best worsted weight yarn brand?

What is your favorite worsted weight yarn brand?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite worsted weight yarn brand?

• Red Heart
    • I Love This Yarn
    • Vanna's Choice
    • Caron
    • Other...Please mention the brand you like best

I like any of the Plymouth yarns and Cascade 220 - either regular or superwash. It is worth the extra money for it.

I don't like Vanna's Choice at all. I have used Red Heart before - it is ok. I never heard of "I love this yarn" I like the Caron yarns. Lion Brand yarns are good too - except for any thing Boucle. I hate working with this type of yarn...(just me...I don't like using eyelash either but I do.)

I voted for Caron but I like RHSS too. I buy what's on sale or if I have a coupon. I was gifted other yarns, but didn't like some of them (re-gifted them to the seniors knitting group :lol). Sometimes I'm gifted balls with no labels, so I don't know what I've got :think.

Ellie 13

Most of the time, I use RH pounders but my fave yarn these days is the Bernat Super Value 7oz skein. It is soft to work with, the colours are just wonderful (their pink is heavenly) but it is a hefty WW yarn so I do find that I most often use a 6.5mm hook. Now I happen to like a larger hook but it can be a challenge for those who make my doll patterns but don't want that big hook.

I voted for I Love This Yarn - I ordered a few skeins online since I don't have a Hobby Lobby in our area, and I really liked it. But I have to say that I am currently working with Bernat Super Value and it's the nicest yarn I've used since Walmart discontinued Mainstays. It's such a nice soft yarn - very easy to work with.

Archived