Weak spots in yarn

I am working on an afghan for my son. The yarn I chose was Red Heart super saver Zebra. I have noticed lots of <what I call> weak spots in the yarn. It s defently thinner in these spots. Should I worry about this? Is this normal?

Thank you for the advice in advance

This is one of the reasons I don't like to work with Homespun. It's thick and thin on purpose, but I found areas that were almost down to a thread. Yuk.

The yarn you are using should be consistent. I think I would take it right to the store and show them the problem. See if they will replace it, or replace it with something else that is consistent.

I would think that if it didn't break while you were crocheting with it, it's probably not going to fall apart when you use it/wash it. I've used many yarns that were thick and thin.. but Red Heart is irritating in that way. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten skeins of yarn with a big old knot a few yards in, frayed yarn, etc.. but I continue to use it :lol I don't know why! Okay, maybe I do.. it's readily available, inexpensive for large projects, and versatile. I've never used the zebra yarn though.

~Cyndi~

I noticed that when I was working with Zebra as well. A few of the other variegated are like that too.

I can't remember exactly which colors, but I noticed it when it changed from one color to another.

I have noticed that it is only the black that is thin. I am going to continue and just watch and see if I need to cut to reinforce. This what my son chose for his color. I can't stop now.

Thank you for all your advice!

I have had that happen with red heart as well as bernatt. If you go the thrir web sithe there is a coustomer service number. Both companies were very good about replacing the "damaged" yarn.

I also contacted Red Heart about a problem and they were very good. I usually have good luck with companies when I contact them about problems with their products. :yes

Archived