Crochet Today Nov/Dec issue is here

crochetstepmom

has anyone tried the soft and comfy throw from this issue? It's not working out right for me!! I don't know what I'm doing but between rounds 4 and 5 something is going wrong! I end of with only 3 sides rather than 4!!! I don't know if I keep making the same mistake out of habit or if it's the pattern!

I got mine in the mail today. It's really late because it took them over a month to cash my check. They kept sending me notices about not getting payment when I knew I sent it so I waited. Finally I saw that it had been cashed but it's been another two weeks before I finally got this issue. The only thing in it I think I might make is the granny squares afghan. I'm also kind of interested in the tunic. Anyone else going to make it?

I really like almost everything in this issue - and SURPRISE! My BF said he would wear the men's sweater if I make it for him! Not sure when, since I can't afford all the wool yarn it calls for, but I'll probably make one of the afghans and possibly the tunic. If I do, I'll let you know, siminsc!

What's inside the brackets:

[sc in front lp of next 3 sts, cl in next st]19 times

I'm going to call sc in front loop scfl for short.

Since you have already encountered scfl and clusters before the brackets, I'll assume that isn't the problem.

The brackets define what you do with 4 consecutive stitches: scfl, scfl, scfl, cl.

You will perform that 4-stitch pattern 19 times, covering 4x19=76 stitches.

The total number of stitches you are working over is 81. Before the brackets, it told you what to do with the first 3 stitches (sc, scfl, cl). After the brackets, you do 2 more stitches (scfl, sc). 3+76+2=81 stitches.

I hope this helps?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived