any big e goers here?

kkms

here in new englad at this time of year every year we have the eastern states exposition also known as the big e.

hubby took the girls and i yesterday - what fun!!!!

i actually got to walk around the creative arts sections - they had a nice turn out of exhibitors.

congrats to all the ribbon placers. i am now seeking one of the patterns -

anyone enter? anyone go?

I've been a couple of times, although it's been several years since the last time! It was always fun! I bought my son's first rocking horse there 30 yrs ago! It was beautiful, hand made wooden and painted....unfortunately, by ex thru it out :(. Would have been wonderful for the grandbabies on the way! Glad you had a nice time! :cheer

Oh the Big E. Wow that's something I haven't heard in a long time. I was born and raised in CT. I grew up hearing about the Big E but only went once. I have lived in Philly for serveral years and don't really get a chance to go back home too often. It would be so nice to go.

We use to go and make a mini vacation of it. We'd stay over night, sometimes 2. Did so much walking but loved it. yummy corn dogs, greasy fries and veggies, deep fried of course!! sausage and peppers....

I went last Friday with my husband. We wandered through the crafts building but I don't know what you were looking at for the pattern. I saw some lovely yarn that looked like the colors in rainbow sherbet, but at $35 for the hank :eek - I left it there. :(

We go every year at least once. We had a special mission this year to go to the Irish booths (the handmade items, of course) & see one of the women there. We've become friends with her over the last few years & had to show her pics of our son's wedding. We ordered some beautiful Irish linen napkins with the family crest & name on them for our son & his bride for a wedding gift. I gave this Irish woman, Fran, a shawl last year that I'd made. She gave me a scarf this year. lol Wonder what I'll make her for next year.....

Anyway, hubby is talking about going again tomorrow (with the forecast for heavy rains...ugh) I told him if it's raining & we go, I'm renting one of those electric scooters & driving through the puddles!

i saw some of the hanks of yarn - the alpaca stuff was ooo so soft. the pattern i saw was for something that someone entered. it was a doll crocheted in thread. i believe they are in the new england center building - or something like that - its near the chevy display.

i would love to go back this weekend - but its just not in the cards. if you go in the rain you might be lucky - less people and since closing is tomorrow there will be alot of discounts as people try and get rid of as much as possible.

I went last Friday with my husband. We wandered through the crafts building but I don't know what you were looking at for the pattern. I saw some lovely yarn that looked like the colors in rainbow sherbet, but at $35 for the hank :eek - I left it there. :(

We go every year at least once. We had a special mission this year to go to the Irish booths (the handmade items, of course) & see one of the women there. We've become friends with her over the last few years & had to show her pics of our son's wedding. We ordered some beautiful Irish linen napkins with the family crest & name on them for our son & his bride for a wedding gift. I gave this Irish woman, Fran, a shawl last year that I'd made. She gave me a scarf this year. lol Wonder what I'll make her for next year.....

Anyway, hubby is talking about going again tomorrow (with the forecast for heavy rains...ugh) I told him if it's raining & we go, I'm renting one of those electric scooters & driving through the puddles!

It's fun, fun, fun! My DH and I went to it when we were first married which was "many moons ago". We enjoyed the food, the booths, the shows, etc.- but haven't been able to do it since he works a job in which he can't get time off during the week. If you go, it's best to do it during the week because on weekends it gets too crowded to enjoy.

Archived