Hello from Georgia

mrs_pld

Hello there! My name is Tricia. My best friend Dani visits the boards here, and when she was visiting me she logged on. That's how I found out about this site.

Anyway, Dani and I were chatting last night, and I mentioned that I wish I could stick with crochet. I haven't done it in about 10 years, since high school, other than when trying to pick it up again here and there.

One of the reasons I think I don't stick with it is I get discouraged. I get to a point where I don't think it looks right, or I just don't know what I am doing. She encouraged me to find a local group to meet up with, and so I have joined a group on meetup.com. But I thought this might also be a great place to see what everyone is doing and to ask questions.

Anyhoo.... I am glad Dani logged on from my house so that I know about y'all. Hopefully I will be posting pictures of a granny square afghan soon. I am going either today or this weekend to get some yarn and hook. Wish me luck!

Tricia

Hi, Tricia, and welcome to Crochetville!!

I found myself here under very similar circumstances to yours ... I learned to crochet when I was 12 but didn't learn quite enough, and every time I tried to pick it up again I'd get frustrated and give up (again). Finally back in October I was just hunting the web for crochet stuff and ran across this group - I've asked some really silly questions (which loops do you crochet through? which set of loops do you crochet in after turning? how do you switch colors properly?) but I always have gotten good, thoughtful, helpful answers. You'll love it here.

Just so you know there's hope - take a browse on my blog (the crocheting cook, in my siggy), and you'll see what a difference 8 months makes (I can't believe it's been that long!!).

Hi there, and :welcome. I'm in Lithia Springs, a few miles west of Atlanta. Where 'bouts are you?

I agree, crochet can be intimidating if you don't have any encouragement :cheer or a second pair of eyes :yes:no to help you find your way. You've come to the right place! I am very much a novice crocheter but have gotten much out of the advice and expertise on this board. :hook I hope to be able to return the favor one day.:manyheart

Hey Girly! I was the same way, I never could complete anything. Then my hubby told me I either had to finish something of stop buying more yarn. I guess it took the thoughts of no yarn to get me over that hump.LOL.

:cheer I'm glad your here. You will love it! :cheer

Hugs from Bama!

Stacey

Hi,

My name is Betty, I live in SW TN. I hope you enjoy Crochetville as much as I am. I am new to and still browsing finding out what's going on.

Betty in TN

DO YOU LOVE TO CROCHET FOR CHARITY???

We are a loving, caring group of people who put our hands to use making crocheted items to donate to hospitals, cancer clinics, nursing homes and needy families. If you would like to lend a helping hand for charity, come on by and check us out. We would love to have you.

HELPING HANDS OF TN

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HelpingHandsofTN/

:hi and :welcome from Nashville, TN !!!

Glad you found us. If you are having a problem with a certain pattern, be sure and post your question in the Crochet help section. Someone here will know the answer to your question. Someone will have crochet the same pattern and will be able to help you.

This is a great group of ladies and guys.

Barbara

Archived