Herrschners STINKY Boxes

I just received my Herrschners order in the most

foul smelling, stinky box! The bag of Halloween yarn was loose in the box (not in plastic bag), and, of course, the yarn absorbed the foul odor. I had to air-out the yarn and seal it in a plastic bag with fabric softener sheets and the odor (or memory of the odor) still lingers!

I just e-mailed their customer service. This is my second complaint about their stinky boxes. They didn't seem to care about my first complaint. I'm sure it's their boxes and not something happening during shipping.

Anyone else have any probems with stinky boxes from Herrschners?

charkitty

my dh works in plant thats makes boxes bet its the starch the company used to make them some of there boxes he has brought home as rejects stink too

I suspect you are right. I remember years ago, the free gift boxes from Sears had the most awful smell! I've often received mail order boxes with the same foul odor. Guess everyone uses 'reject' boxes! If businesses are using reject boxes, the least they could do is give us free shipping! lol

charkitty

I have heard these types of complaints in the past about Herrschner's, and it made me very hesitant to order anything from them. I took a chance, however, on one of their yarn sales that I got an email about, and I ordered 10 skeins of an eyelash-y kind of yarn in a reddish brown color because I thought it would be good for making June's monkeys. That arrived safe and sound in a cardboard envelope with nothing wrong with it - no funny smells, no debris in the yarn as people had reported, they were just fine. I must have gotten lucky. I would still be hesitant, though, to order again. I don't want to push my luck.

Archived