Purple swap purse

Krakovianka

im always amazed by the pure talent of the ppl on Crochetville

i've been looking at some pics of purses from the purse swatch y'all had and they are all so pretty!

this one is spectacular

Thank you for all your kind words. I actually love making purses--but can only make so many for my own use.

Let's see--hope I remember all the questions.

I did not embroider the lining--the material was a gift from my mom, and it is already embroidered (pretty, too). The color was too perfect for my partner not to use it, so I bought the cotton yarn to match it!

I don't know the name of the stitch--I got it from a magazine. In a timely fashion, a recent crochet magazine published a special edition focusing on purses. I hated every purse in it--ugly, cheesy, not my style--but I bought the magazine just for the sake of this stitch pattern and one other, and put it to my own use!

The few times I've tried to put directions for crocheting something into words, I found it very daunting--much more work than crocheting a purse *without* a pattern. I have a great deal of respect for those who have the patience and perseverance to get good instructions written down!

Archived