Mary Maxim

I'm in love with their baby crochet kits. I've bought the Pastels Round Ripple and the Rippled Rainbow one. I wish they'd sell just the pattern and not the entire kit, but I'll still buy some more kits from them I'm sure.

Is there another company that sells kits that any of you prefer? I just like browsing :D

I also love Mary Maxim . We live 3 hours away from one of the retail stores and I try to get up there at least twice a year. Herrschners also sell kits.

I also love Mary Maxim . We live 3 hours away from one of the retail stores and I try to get up there at least twice a year. Herrschners also sell kits.

JoAnn, since the tent sale is going on this wekend, my mom and I are going to make the trip over on friday afternoon, stay the night and then go to Mary Maxim's on saturday morning. since you have been to the store, about how long should we allow for shopping and is there anything special we need to be sure not to miss?

thanks

JoAnn, since the tent sale is going on this wekend, my mom and I are going to make the trip over on friday afternoon, stay the night and then go to Mary Maxim's on saturday morning. since you have been to the store, about how long should we allow for shopping and is there anything special we need to be sure not to miss?

thanks

All day, or at least 3-5 hours. If you like to pet the different yarns maybe longer. Check out the clearance section of the store, when you go in, it is on the left. At the back of it is a large rack of free patterns, I still haven't gone through it. There is also a rack with Mary Maxim patterns for sale by the yarns, that is my next conquest. If there is a kit that you want and they don't have it, just ask for it and they will make it up for you. The ladies there are very helpfull. They got a kick out of us. My cousin took a cart, I took a cart and my DH took one. Once the ladies found out he knits, they were showing all kinds of mens patterns and suggesting all kinds of yarn for him. Of course the yarn was the expensive stuff. Needless to say we left $247.00 in there and that was with 25% off of everything we bought. :hyper

Check out the website to see if there are any coupons or specials to take advantage of. We are going back up next month. Have Fun And leave some yarn for me. :P:hook

Is the Labor Day sale going to be like the 4th of July sale? I am so there if it is also 25% off of everything. Whenever I go I do very well in the clearance aisles. ($3 skeins of Debbie Bliss alpaca silk for example!) I also like the beads they carry.

I would also recommend, as long as you're there, to go to the Hobby Lobby 2 or so miles up M-25 from MM's. (It's the closest one to the Detroit area)

Is the Labor Day sale going to be like the 4th of July sale? I am so there if it is also 25% off of everything. Whenever I go I do very well in the clearance aisles. ($3 skeins of Debbie Bliss alpaca silk for example!) I also like the beads they carry.

I would also recommend, as long as you're there, to go to the Hobby Lobby 2 or so miles up M-25 from MM's. (It's the closest one to the Detroit area)

Alice, is the HL there any different or better than the others in the state? I have one around the corner from my office that I am in probably once a week so if they are the same, I will spend my time in MM but if it is better I want to leave some time for it as well.

Oh and I don't know if the sale is the same as the 4th of July sale since I have never been, but there is a page about it at the web site.

My dh, dd, and I go to Mary Maxim every few months. The one in Port Huron is about an hour from us. I like their kits and have them change up the colors of yarn inside of them sometimes when I don't like their choices. They do that for free and don't mind. If you're into beading, they have a newer section for the supplies.

I haven't gone to the tent sale this year, but we've talked about going this weekend if we don't go to Lansing to visit my MIL. My dh has some projects to do around her house, and Rachel has some friends there that she likes to visit. I'll be crocheting or reading while they are all busy.

Only an hour away, that would be way too dangerous for me. My friends up in Port Huron keep telling me to come up for the tent sale. I really don't need any more yarn right now, want it yes, need it no. :cry

Only an hour away, that would be way too dangerous for me. My friends up in Port Huron keep telling me to come up for the tent sale. I really don't need any more yarn right now, want it yes, need it no. :cry

Talk about dangerous try living in Port Huron. Mary Maxims is always calling my name. I can spend hours there just looking. If anyone is comming to Port Huron let me know i would love to meet you if i am not working.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Does anyone know where you can get old mary maxim patterns for the chunky yarn picture sweaters. I made one for my hubby but he had lost alot of weight and needed to redo the sweater. needless t say i cant find the pattern. would appreciate any help. thanks

patty-redrose51

Archived