Plastic bag

crochetingfool

Oh that is really neat where did you find the pattern? I have never crochet with bags. I have heard the stores are going to start chargeing 20 cents plastic bag when you shop. So making your own to take backandworth would save money

Thanks so much...

I didn't use a pattern I just wing it....I start all my plastic bags using a size K plastic hook and chain about 27 or 28 stitches then single crochet

around and around until I get to the handles...chain about 30 or so and then attach single crochet back across the handle then go to the other side and make the other handle...that's it.

Takes 100's of bags out of the landfill area.

Linda :sun

Thanks...Disney bags are very colorful. I like the look of the plain old

brown grocery sacks too...they create a nice look.

ps....sacks as in plastic sacks...not brown paper bags...hehehehe sorry bout that.

Nice job! Did you say you crochet with brown paper grocery bags? I must be mis-reading this!

yeah the grocery bags that are brown plastic...I've got blue plastic and white plastic bags but no more brown ones....hehehehe

Thanks again everyone....

I like the use of plastic twine for the handle. I keep thinking this is too much work, but I like your idea of just starting a chain and then single crocheting until finished.

Actually the strip of the muticolor in the middle of the purse is

made from 3 very large bags from DisneyLand in LA. I've never

been to a Disney store. These were given to me from a neighbor

who recently went to Disneyland.

Linda

Archived