Compare Herrschners with Knitting Warehouse

marikamum

Hi,

I was thinking of ordering some yarn for delivery to someone in the USA, would you have any recommendation of ordering from:

Yarnsale @ Herrschners

Regular Herrschners

Knitting Warehouse

in terms of reliability and speed of shipping especially.

Thanks,

I have never ordered from the Knitting Warehouse but have seen that there prices are somewhat less than other locations. I have seen alot of people on the 'ville have used them. I will probably try them in the future.

I have ordered from Herrschners and was very pleased with the service. I ordered DMC Cebelia and received matched dyelots and the delivery was very quick.

Toni

Another vote for Knitting Warehouse! Herrschners processing and delivery time has always been slow for me. Knitting Warehouse has great customer service, a more than fair flat rate shipping charge, and a large selection. Prices are often better than Herrschners as well. :yay When they both have what I'm looking for and I need to choose between the two, I'll pick Knitting Warehouse.

I know this wasn't my question originally, but thanks to all of you for the great info about Knitting Warehouse. I'm going to be needing some thread very soon and none of the shops around me carry it. With money being tight, I as everyone else am always looking for the best price and least amount of shipping.

Always spooky ordering over the internet if you don't know the site. I will definately be ordering from the knitting warehouse next time.

As always, everyone on the 'ville is a wealth of knowledge and help,

Thanks again to everyone,

Toni

Knitting Warehouse hands down! Prompt, well packed, like the price. I ordered for two swaps from Herschners and ended up buying yarn locally I was so disappointed. Colors were not true to catalog, some skeins had no labels, some skeins partially unraveled. Am hesitant to use them again though I look through their catalog often. Friends have used Herschners successfully multiple times -- guess mine was just the luck of the draw.

I haven't heard of Knitting Warehouse before. Thank you for the tip. Now I wonder about the Smiley's out of NY with great clearance pricing? How are they for selection and service? Does anyone know if they ship internationally for our friends across the pond?

Smiley's has great prices and great customer service. What they don't have (at least, to my way of thinking) is great selection. In any given yarn, they may have only 3 or 4 colors. If they happen to have the color you want in the yarn you want, they are tops.

• 2 months later...

hi from wisconsin

feel like i need to defend my beloved herschners

i've never had a problem since i have been ordering from them. i know before they had a resturcturing there were many many problems with orders and even the company store was a mess. i was there recently in stevens point in august and the store was completely reorganized and neat. i wanted a few kits from the catalog that werenot in stock on the shelves, and the counter girl took my list, called back to the warehouse and in 15 minutes i had all the yarn and instructions for 5 afghans, a shawl and slippers.

i also have had good success ordering on line, and thedelivery has always been prompt. (of course i live within 2 hours of the warehouse) they also have a nice return policy if the yarn is not what you want.

i haven't had any experience with other yarn online suppliers.

i do get herrschners email updates and have added alot to my stash with their 99 cent specials (ecen cheaper than the dollar tree!!)

karen

I will also defend Herrschner's this time. I just placed an order with them a few weeks ago and it was on my doorstep in about 1 week's time. Much more organized than the last time I ordered which took about 2 weeks of in-house processing time before it even shipped. What ever the problem was, they seem to have it under control.

Archived