Ahhh! Feels good to be appreciated!

I recently made a pair of shorts and short bib overalls to match 2 store bought shirts and made two pair of booties to match (using the really great bootie pattern that was listed here recently - they are sooo adorable!!) for a neighbor lady who recently had a little boy. I couldnt find a pattern I liked for the overalls so I winged one and made the shorts from that pattern also. They came out really cute if I do say so myself.

This lady has 5 kids ranging in ages from newborn to 18ish. The girls are 8 and 10 (I think) and play with my dd all the time. Both the mom and the dad have VERY good paying jobs. I say this because I was a bit concerned how my gift would be accepted.

Well, my dd, bless her heart took them over to her (I really wanted to be there for that - and take pictures of them - but what can you do...LOL!!) and the mom came over with little Alex dressed in the overalls and they fit perfect and were oh so cute on... Anyways, she couldn't quit thanking me and going on about how much she loved them and how cute they were.

This was last week....well, today the girls come over with a present for our family...It is the most gorgeous hand beaded purse - it has oodles of sead beads, butterfly beads etc, it is lined, it has a long, thin rope strap (for over the head wear) and a gorgeous chain handle for shorter use and I am sure it took a very long time to make. It also had 2.50 in it for aspen. Their mom bought it at a craft fair type thing as they called it. I was just floored - OMG!! this thing is gorgeous - if I can just keep dd away from it as she was VERY upset when I claimed it. I told them to tell their mom THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!! and as they were leaving they told me they had to go as they were going to get me something else too as a thank you. I told them that wasnt necessary but they said their mom insisted.....I am BLOWN away!! I have always given away my crocheted items and have known of many receivers who were thrilled with what they received but NEVER to this extent.

It is just so refreshing to know that I made someone else this happy!! Especially doing it with something I sooo love to do!!

So, I just wanted to share this with all of you as it made my day!!

Just the way she went on and on and thanked me sooo profusely was enough to put me on :c9 but this was soooo unexpected!!

When I get pics of the outfits (I explained to her that I would like pics and she said not a problem) and some of the other things I have done I will post them in the show and tell but I will post a pic of the purse here for all to see...hopefully this weekend.

I have to laugh, she is Philapino (I think that's right) and I only mention this because she has such a heavy accent...she was talking sooooo fast when she was thanking me that I had to listen very hard to understand her. Had she not had such a HUGE smile on her face, I might of thought she was upset as she was soooo animated....it was really cute!!

:hug

what a great story and you deserved all of what came back to you!!

I want to see the pix of what you made, this wonderful purse and your pattern...PLEASE!!! LY

thanks ladies!!

itz - I have promised myself to take pics, refine my pattern so someone else besides me can read it and figure it out - lol and post my stuff - i have put it off far too long - been to intimidated by photobucket, trying to post it here and all the wonderful stuff i see and mine not measuring up - lol!! so keep your fingers crossed that i can accomplish all of this this weekend!!

Archived