My Frist Granny Square

littleKnit

Okay so this is my first granny square. its the Never Ending Square. i was just practicing, because i wanted to make my cousin's daughter a nice granny square blanket. I know it's not a perfect "Square" but it is my first one. And no i won't be using this color for the blanket;).

grannysquaretf4.jpg

Oh and also, what size do you think i should make the baby blanket. she will be 1 years old and she is already 30 inches tall! Also what colors would you suggest? i was thinking a light pink with white alternating squares. thanks!

Wonderful! :cheer How big are you making the squares? I think the size will depend on if you're just making a blankie or if you want the blanket to be crib sized.

I want to make a blankie. The square here is 5 inches by 5. as i said she is 30 inches tall. i'm not sure how big her crib is either. i was thinking 40 inches by 45??

yes i absolutely love it. its really cute i think she'll love it. all i have to do is go to the store to get the yarn i need. i hope i can finish it in time haha

yes i absolutely love it. its really cute i think she'll love it. all i have to do is go to the store to get the yarn i need. i hope i can finish it in time haha

:thinkdont know how much time you have to do it in. but once you get the hang of squares they will whip up quick! Besides we are here to :cheeryou on!

lol thanks her birthday is next saturday, but we can't go because we are on vacation. we will be visiting someothe rtime or sending it in the mail. i have plenty of time :D

:cheer Good job on the square, and I'm sure the blankie will turn out wonderful. I haven't had a square yet that looks 'perfect' when I'm done. If its REALLY bad, I have to pull and tug and stretch it into shape sometimes :heehee

I use the never ending granny square too and I have a suggestion for you now that you have the pattern down. Crochet each round from the back, it will give every other row a valley, which will help the square look the same on the back as on the front. If you change colors every row (weave in those ends) your square will have a lot of definition and you can see the colors very well instead of them all running together. Your blanket will look just fabulous!! Great job on your first square!! :cheer

That looks pretty darn good for the first ever granny square. Any shade of pastel colors would look good for a 1 year old. I personally like yellows and greens for little girls (I'm not too into pink, but that would look great too, if that's what you're into).

Archived