I'm in hooker's heaven!!!!

I just received the most wonderful package in the mail! A few days ago, another 'viller had posted a bunch of wood hooks for sale & I bought them. They just arrived today, and I can't keep my hands off of them, they are so gorgeous!!! I had to grab some yarn & stitch a few stitches, what a joy these are!!! They are mostly Greydogs and a couple Ozark Twists - eleven hooks in all!! I am in HEAVEN!!!!! I'd been wanting one of the fancy wood hooks for so long, but kept putting it off, reluctant to spend that much on myself.... I'd bid on a few on Ebay, but always got outbid. Now I've got a whole range of sizes in them & I couldn't be more excited!!!! :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

You can see a photo of them in this thread

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=83511

Is there somewhere on here that shows items that people want to sell? I tried to go to the link you listed but I am denied access. :(

Once you have full villager status (30 days and 30 posts) a whole new world opens up - the free/sale/trade forum, the swaps etc. I looks like you joined in june so get those posts up there and you will be a villager before you know it.:hug

I can't believe you have a Graydog!!! :eek I have been trying to win one of E-Bay for months but they are just way too expensive for me! What are they really like? I would LOVE to own one!!!:drool

Yep, that was me too - I tried several times to get a Graydog on Ebay, but the bids always went higher than I could bid for one hook. Now I have *nine* of them and two Ozark Twists too!

I *really* really love these -- the smallest hook in the bunch was an "H". At the moment, I've used that one more than any due to the projects I'm finishing up, but I've fondled & played with all of them just to see how they feel! :D I don't even know how to describe it adequately - they are just wonderful to work with, they feel so good to hold & every yarn I've tried just glides smooth as silk on them. I hope you get lucky & either get a bargain here like I did, or perhaps get one on Ebay or something - they are just fabulous!

I am waiting to be admitted too! I can't wait! By the way Gurleygirl, I live in Arkansas now, but moved here 10 years ago from Jasper, Al. I had heard of Gurley, but not sure where it is.

Archived