suggestions?

I just finished Lion Brand's Unsquared Baby Throw which I started last weekend (spent the bulk of this past weekend on it). The Baby It's Cold Outside sweater is said to be a three hour project. Bibs/booties/hats. I was contemplating even doing a no-sew fleece.

Check here, tons of patterns.

Hope that helps

Joyce

It depends how fast you crochet. I could make a small baby blanket in a week with a fast pattern. If it's a girl, maybe a dress? There's lots of cute dresses that wouldn't take too long.

You could put a crochet edging on a fleece blanket. I love the edgery-doo tool for that, but if you don't have one, you can buy a blanket at the store that already has a stitched edging on it. Just remove the stitching and you'll have your holes. I wouldn't trust that machine stitched edge to start my crochet if I were you, but it's an easy way to buy it pre-holed and ready to edge!

I teach my beginner crocheters a giant granny square or rectangle for their first baby blanket. It is so fast and simple. If you don't use too many color changes, there will hardly be any ends to weave in. Here are a couple areas to look at to learn about those:

C-ville's CrochetALong and link: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34789

Another sample and pattern: http://suzies-yarnie-stuff.blogspot.com/2006/08/rectangle-granny-afghan-pattern_11.html

Round Ripple!

I had trhe same question a few weeks ago and I whipped up a ripple in only a couple of days!

Then started another!

I agree. And they look like it was a really hard project. It's a nice, fast thing to make. Good luck.

:manyheart

Thank you everybody!

Since I'm not a fast crocheter and I'm still relatively new at it (that says why I'm not fast, uh?), I started a bib today. I hope it comes out ok. If I had more time, I'd surely like to try the round ripple (I might try it anyhow one of this days).

I like to make a simple two color rr and pair it with matching booties and a hat. When my son was born in september it was warm enough for him to get away with just a onesie most days towards the end of the month, but still cool enough for a nice blankie and booties and a hat. good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Thankfully they postopend the babyshower to Tuesday.

I didn't do much, but I hope she'll like it (especially the fact that is handmade and crocheted).

Here are the pics (sorry for the orangie hue)th_crochetedbabyshowergift.jpg

th_crochetedbabyshowergifts.jpg th_crochetedbib.jpg th_crochetedduckie.jpg

Nice work. That bib looks fantastic and love that ducky. You did good for a beginner. I'm going to be working on that bib pattern soon, or a similar one.

Joyce

Thankfully they postopend the babyshower to Tuesday.

I didn't do much, but I hope she'll like it (especially the fact that is handmade and crocheted).

Here are the pics (sorry for the orangie hue)th_crochetedbabyshowergift.jpg

th_crochetedbabyshowergifts.jpg th_crochetedbib.jpg th_crochetedduckie.jpg

The bib and duckie are really cute, you did a great job, esp. for a beginner. Give the RR a try sometime, you'll be surprised how quick it works up.:hook

That is an awsome idea!!! I know I won't be able to do it for Tuesday, but I might do it for the next babyshower (there is always a babyshower sooner or later)

Thank you very much for the link - I love that!

Hello there!

I just started this baby afghan on Thursday and need to finish the border. It worked up pretty fast. Here's the link, I hope you like it.

http://www.craftbits.com/viewProject.do?projectID=1478

~LeeAnn :hook

Believe me, it's in the list (long list) of projects I have to tackle :D

The bib and duckie are really cute, you did a great job, esp. for a beginner. Give the RR a try sometime, you'll be surprised how quick it works up.:hook

Archived