My Hideous Haekelbeutel

Lisaizme

Hideous = 1 : offensive to the senses and especially to sight : exceedingly ugly

I think it describes the color of this very well.

The yarn is Aunt Lydias Denim.. variegated is Jelly Belly, the green I think is Mint.

th_Haekelbeutel.jpg

th_Haekelbeutel2.jpg

It actually looks worse in person than it does in the pictures.

I like it!! I don't like green very much - but those colors look good together, you are going to use it right?? You should it's great. :cheer

Lisa, what is it you don't like about it?

I dunno.. I've stared at the thing for a few weeks now and it doesn't get any better.

I really think that it looks much worse in person. The photos don't do the ugliness justice.. LOL

I don't even know why I chose these colors other than I wanted to make the pattern and the yarn was available.

Just one of those things .. I'm laughing at myself as I type this..

I think its pretty! I love the colors. I've always thought purples and greens are pretty together. Maybe you should shove it in the back of the closet for a month. Then you can pull it out later and say :eek WOW, that looks GOOD! :D

If you dont like it send it someone on there wish list.

That's a good thought. But then, if they found this thread.. wouldn't they wonder at me sending them something I thought was ugly?? :lol :lol

That's a good thought. But then, if they found this thread.. wouldn't they wonder at me sending them something I thought was ugly?? :lol :lol

:lolGood point.But what is that saying someones else trash is someone treasure:lol

I dunno.. I've stared at the thing for a few weeks now and it doesn't get any better.

I really think that it looks much worse in person. The photos don't do the ugliness justice.. LOL

I don't even know why I chose these colors other than I wanted to make the pattern and the yarn was available.

Ugh! Don't you hate when that happens? I hear ya, sister! :yes It really doesn't look that bad in the pics, though. But I know I've made things and then really not liked the finished product, no matter what people say about it to encourage me! Are you, by chance, a perfectionist (like me)!? :lol

Ugh! Don't you hate when that happens? I hear ya, sister! :yes It really doesn't look that bad in the pics, though. But I know I've made things and then really not liked the finished product, no matter what people say about it to encourage me! Are you, by chance, a perfectionist (like me)!? :lol

I just might be a perfectionist. I find myself not even attempting certain things because I know I can't finish them to my satisfaction. hmmm guess I am.

I think you did a great job! I'm taking your word that it looks worse in person, btw are you interested in selling your camera :) I would LOVE one that makes things look better!

Kris

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what? I agree with you about the colors. I like the bag though (or is it two bags?) Where did you find the pattern?

You know what? I agree with you about the colors. I like the bag though (or is it two bags?) Where did you find the pattern?

It's one bag.. I hope I wouldn't make the same hideousness twice.. LOL

The pattern is at:

http://www.stricksucht.de/anleitungen/crochetedbag.pdf

There's a CAL for it at

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=81198&highlight=haekelbeutel+CAL

have fun!!

Archived