Need help - Update Finished Blanket

Yay, so the blanket's finished and now i'm in ruffle he-double hockey sticks!!

haha

I love how it came out...

th_1024.jpg

th_1027.jpg

I actually used 2 skeins for the border!

thank you for everyone's input - i'm sure she's going to love it!

:cheer:cheer:cheer

okay so let me start here...

th_ZB032.jpg

th_ZB004.jpg

This is a baby blanket for my cousins baby shower this coming Sunday.

I did a sc ch1 sc ch1 - and I LOVE...let me say that again LOVE this blanket!!!!!!

Took me forever and I bore easily so this sticth did NOTHING to keep my attention BUT I'm finally down to putting the border on (THANK GOODNESS!)

I love this blanket SO much for 2 reasons,

A the simplicity of the stitch

and 2. the fact that the sticth is SO light and thin, not thick and heavy the way some blankets can get

Now here's the dilema...

because the blanket was so light and simple, I wanted to do a really dramatic border - they don't know what the baby is, so it's done in sage and cream ( she's an irish frog addict)

I don't know if I like the way the edge is coming out (i was still going to do two or three more rows of shells or something)

should I frog what i've done and maybe start a thick pineapple border? or do you think I should continue and see what happens when I add the other two or three rows on???

not that I have alot of time in which to do this....*sigh*

Personally I think just the sage green looks good. It's a nice offset to the cream blanket.

yes I thought it was the most "Irish" looking! the green isn't the issue, it's the border itself, wether to continue what i'm doing or start over with something different

(but I LOVE that sage!)

I like the border. I love that you have paired a simple blanket with a bold border. Actually, I like it just the way it is. I am not sure I would do any more rows. Too many rows might start to overwhelm the blanket.

It's beautiful, BTW. I love the colors.

I like what you have so far. I think it's very pretty. The only complication that I can possibly see is that it might be considered feminine since shells tend to look ruffley to me. I think you could almost finish the round you're on and be done.

Hi,

It looks good.

Have you considered adding some picots? If it was mine I'd do maybe one more row with the shells and then try a sl, or sc edge, with picots every so many stitches & with a group of maybe three bigger picots on the corners.

Just an idea......

thanks all - this is why i love coming here!

Hi,

It looks good.

Have you considered adding some picots? If it was mine I'd do maybe one more row with the shells and then try a sl, or sc edge, with picots every so many stitches & with a group of maybe three bigger picots on the corners.

Just an idea......

yes, if i have time :think I WAS considering finishing with a picot - great minds, eh?

This is really pretty. I agree with you about it being such a great blanket due to the simplicity of the stitch. I like when the flourish of a blanket is outside the area that will be covering the baby.

It's a wonderful gift and I'm sure mom and baby will love it!

Archived