th_DSC04125.jpg

(clickable)

Gory details:

Rounds 1 - 17 of pattern

12 inches square

Cleckheaton Country 8ply - 100% wool colour 1962

G hook

Cheers,

:hookI love the color and the square came nice .I:crochetings this your first one?did it seem to be easy for you?I want to give it a try but am waiting for the pattern fo try it .Good work ty :cheertheresa

Thanks to all for your gracious comments :).

:hookI love the color and the square came nice .I:crochetings this your first one?did it seem to be easy for you?I want to give it a try but am waiting for the pattern fo try it .Good work ty :cheertheresa

I think that Julee is a good pattern writer, so the instructions make sense and are clear and easy to follow. I would probably rate the pattern to be an intermediate or advanced beginner as there are a number of special stitches (popcorn, front post dc - both single and 2tog, etc.). However, if you are comfortable with those stitches, or interested in learning/trying them, I think this is a good pattern, as Julee describes them well and is clear about what she wants done. (or else I just tune in to her wavelength :D...)

I like that she gives a stitch count at the end of each round so you can verify your work and she is consistent with her terminology and conventions.

This was my first one, but I am trying it in a different yarn as I am planning an afghan for myself (as extra warmth on my half of the queen sized bed!) and hope to use this square and Julee's Lacy Delight Square as my main squares.

One note, I did find it was a bit buckled/wavy as I worked it initially and again at the end, but I lightly steam blocked it and it straightened right out (I am a moderate to tight crocheter, I think, which may have contributed to that...)

Cheers,

One note, I did find it was a bit buckled/wavy as I worked it initially and again at the end, but I lightly steam blocked it and it straightened right out (I am a moderate to tight crocheter, I think, which may have contributed to that...)

Cheers,

First of all, thanks the compliments. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and when I first started crocheting my grandma taught me too, as much as it hurt, just tare out any work you had done if it wasn't right. So I've done exactly that. She contributed so much to my understanding crochet.

I'm also a very tight crocheter and it does buckle a little bit. That's why I threw certain rnds in there. They serve to kinda balance each other out.

The first square I made that was similar to this pattern was very wavy so I just worked on it till it wasn't nearly as bad. That's part of the reason why it took me sooooo long to design this square. I was trying to make sure all the math worked out and that the patterns looked right together. Very time consuming but so very worth every minute.

Thanks again Marika!!

Julee

Wow Marika, you need to be careful. Everyone's going to want you to make them an afghan with these (including me!).

Very nice.

Wait your turn in line! :D Me first! Gosh, I am having enough trouble sourcing the yarn I want... it is like fate is conspiring against my afghan... and then the games are coming... :eek!

Thanks again, everyone.

Archived