Wash before wrapping??

Afghans can take a long time to finish :crocheting. I have three WIP's that I have decided to finish for Christmas gifts.

My question: Do you wash :wash your finished article before wrapping it up for gift giving?

Marie

Afghans can take a long time to finish :crocheting. I have three WIP's that I have decided to finish for Christmas gifts.

My question: Do you wash :wash your finished article before wrapping it up for gift giving?

Marie

Yep I do it is my final check that all ends are secure and tidy sometimes on the first washing I find I might have missed something! I have also gifted afghans that were washed smelling lovely, then folded cutely tied with a ribbon and a crocheted rose, therefore no wrapping paper boxes etc. I can point you to a pic of one it might give you and idea what I mean.

I agree with everyone! I wash blankets before gifting, as you can check the ends, get rid of pet fur and any other little bits, and they do come up so much nicer when washed. Also the giftee can go home and put it straight on the bed or chair.

I concure, check it, wash it, check it again and wrap it up. But don't forget where you put it, I have done that before. :D

:oopsMe too! Found it about a half month later when I thought I had included it in the package for Christmas. :blush I went ahead and sent it anyway by itself.

But I do like to wash the afghans and make sure to use fabric softener to make them soft and comfy.

Wow,

Thanks for all the responses so quickly. This question "popped" into my head while I was working on one yesterday & noticed a bit of Pug fur on it. I honestly never thought about it before as the people I would be making things for all have pets.

But washing to check for un-secure ends is a wonderful tip...one I never thought of. Also, making it sweet smelling with fabric softner will be a nice touch too.

Thanks again!

Marie

Wow,

Thanks for all the responses so quickly. This question "popped" into my head while I was working on one yesterday & noticed a bit of Pug fur on it. I honestly never thought about it before as the people I would be making things for all have pets.

But washing to check for un-secure ends is a wonderful tip...one I never thought of. Also, making it sweet smelling with fabric softner will be a nice touch too.

Thanks again!

Marie

There is never just a bit of "Pug fur" :lol I have 2 of them,:yes and yes I always wash before gifting.

Lots can happen during the crocheting of a gift...dog fur, cat fur, colds, flu, germs, various wildlife infultrating the house, other people's germs, etc. I usually go over the entire thing with a lint roller to get the fur, and then wash it.

Yes I do! I try to do so for nearly every project I finish, exception might be for toys though. But afghans, socks, what have ya...

ZoeZoesmom -

Ok.......you're right! With Pugs around (we have two also) there is no such thing as a "little pug fur :eek", but I do try and keep it somewhat under control, LOLOLOLOL!

I wouldn't trade my "Puggies" :bheart for anything........even a warehouse of free yarn!

Marie

Archived