Aunt Lydia's Baby Denim Haekelbeutel

samijofitz

I had planned to make this bag for quite awhile, I joined the CAL for it and finally made one! Only took me a few days, working on it at night after everyone is asleep - my only "free" time it seems...I used Aunt Lydia's Baby Denim, size F hook, and 12 squares of 5 rounds which came out to be 5" squares...it is the perfect size for an everyday purse (for me).

Haekelbeutel_01.jpg

I still have to do the ends, add a lining with zipper or snap and iron it - I joined with a sc and it's a little lumpy at the joins, next time I will join with whipstitch I think...I love this pattern!

:hook

I made one that really turned out different. The colored part of the square is puffy and I joined with a sc. Then I also sewed up one square too many on each side which narrowed the in space at the top. I still sewed the handles on where they were supposed to be. It is done with TLC earth and sea and edged with antique white. It sure turned out pretty. Sorry no pics.

I had planned to make this bag for quite awhile, I joined the CAL for it and finally made one! Only took me a few days, working on it at night after everyone is asleep - my only "free" time it seems...I used Aunt Lydia's Baby Denim, size F hook, and 12 squares of 5 rounds which came out to be 5" squares...it is the perfect size for an everyday purse (for me).

Haekelbeutel_01.jpg

I still have to do the ends, add a lining with zipper or snap and iron it - I joined with a sc and it's a little lumpy at the joins, next time I will join with whipstitch I think...I love this pattern!

:hook

Love how your purse turned out. I'm working on one now. Got the bag sewn up. Just need to make the handles. My squares are 4 inches so my bag is just alittle bit smaller than yours but it's still the perfect size to take. :)

Archived