Crochet Wardrobe Must Haves?

Depends what you like.

I don't like boleros, they don't look good on me. I tried making one that seemd fairly easy (granny squres almost) to make one and did not look good :no still. I have it as a WIP and thought maybe I could make it like a babydoll type top (is that what they're called this year) but those don't look good on me either... :blush

I started with vests because I couldn't do sleeves and then moved to sweaters. I like those. I also like shawls and stoles. So I have those too in my wardrobe. Also slippers. I like socks but have yet to try them Same with skirts (want to find a nice finished looking one and winter when it's warmer to wear one). I also have scarfs and hats. I've done some jewelry.

Can't think what else...

Debbi

LOL now what a question lol

And a good one at that

I think I would stay with just crocheted items like shrugs and nice mobius wraps maybe a crocheted top or two

No crocheted blouses, skirts or pants for sure lol lol

Darlene

sweaters, shrugs, boleros, shawls and the list is actually endless. I haven't made a skirt or pants, probably will make a skirt and dress some day, but not pants or shorts.

Wearables are my favorite things to make.

Oh, forgot, an absolute must have are my own crocheted socks...

every shrug or little sweater i've ever made has been given away or borrowed forevers.. but i think that makes those a must have :P

also hats, all my hats get stolen.. lol

i have made and worn so many cupcake tops (see SnB crochet book) so i would say a light top or tank.. never make a skirt without a liner! and if it's awesome never give it away!

those are all i can think of for this kind of weather :D

A shawl is a necessary garment for those just slightly chilly nights. Hats, scarves, gloves and/or mittens for winter wear. Slippers are a definite need to wear around the house to keep toes warm.

Great Question!

sweaters, summer tops, skirts. Definitely NOT shorts or pants. Shawls and such are cute, but I never wear them. so for me it's summer tops, winter tops, and skirts (lacy skirts with liners)...I have made all three, and love wearing them. The skirt's been tested, now I just have to decide what to do with it :P Maybe someday I'll work up the nerve to make a dress...but right now I have too many WIPs to take on something that involved.

oooh shawls would be a must for me.. and if i EVER gather the courage to do a wearable.. then i'd love to have a dress too!!! (with thread.. im partial to thread) :):):)

oooh shawls would be a must for me.. and if i EVER gather the courage to do a wearable.. then i'd love to have a dress too!!! (with thread.. im partial to thread) :):):)

I found a fabulous dress pattern the other day...if I ever have the time/money/courage to attempt it...

Archived