FreePatterns, Pattern a Day

Now that the Free Patterns site updated their look they've added a free pattern a day. Not sure when in the last four or five days they started doing it. Today is knitting. Some knitters are here. Next one might be crochet or whatever. Yes I know they're free to begwin with but it still might be worth checking every day.

http://www.freepatterns.com/

:)

Out of curiousity.....why would a free pattern site have a free pattern of the day when all their patterns are free daily?

Out of curiousity.....why would a free pattern site have a free pattern of the day when all their patterns are free daily?

It's another way to collect information about their market (ie: potential new customers). Every time you have to sign up for something, you go on a list, and those lists prove extremely valuable and profitable for the business(es) that hold them.

And if you'll notice, the pattern for today was 4 pages, with pages 1 and 4 being full-color total page ADS (only tremendously annoying for the unsuspecting who go to print these patterns and realize you've drained ink and wasted paper for a commercial).

It's another way to collect information about their market (ie: potential new customers). Every time you have to sign up for something, you go on a list, and those lists prove extremely valuable and profitable for the business(es) that hold them.

Most of us here already are members there so I don't think that's their motive and if it is, it's no big deal.

And if you'll notice, the pattern for today was 4 pages, with pages 1 and 4 being full-color total page ADS (only tremendously annoying for the unsuspecting who go to print these patterns and realize you've drained ink and wasted paper for a commercial).

Again since most of us are members and have downloaded the patterns, we've realized this. You don't have to print all the pages out, just choose the page numbers you want.

:)

• 6 months later...

FreePatterns.com also has a blog thing. I have it on my blog - Inspired Crochet Design - it's been totally neglected lately. I check it every day for the free patterns tho. It's always different than the one on the website.

Here's the link - just scroll down a little on the right. It shows the last 5 days of free patterns.

http://inspiredcrochetdesign.blogspot.com/

Archived