Feather and Fan

catheryn

2618912730_7cdb14ccac_m.jpg 2618910466_a18eccf9f9_m.jpg

This is a feather and fan top I just finished this week and I absolutely love it. Used Bernat bamboo thread and size 9 circulars. When blocking, I killed the yarn so it would be very lacy looking. I am so pleased with this....hope ya'll like it.

Catheryn, that is truly lovely. Is that your own design? If not, please tell me what publication it is in. In my area of California, that is just about the right sweater to wear, as it never gets more than a little cool. Really nice job.

http://ysolda.com/wordpress/patterns/

This is a link to the free pattern page. The pattern is the Cloud Bolero. I just made it longer than the bolero length!

:eek I didn't even realize that it was the same, your's looks so much lacier. I made one to, I need to post it, and used homespun, it's amazing the difference in looks you got with the different yarns! :) I wasn't so happy with mine. :(

:eek I didn't even realize that it was the same, your's looks so much lacier. I made one to, I need to post it, and used homespun, it's amazing the difference in looks you got with the different yarns! :) I wasn't so happy with mine. :(

How funny!!!

Isn't it amazing the differnces that yarns make with patterns? One reason, though, mine is so lacy is the steam blocking I did. I really ironed the heck out it, stretching it at the same time. I think I am probably real lucky that I didn't ruin it!!

Wow Catheryn!! That is stunning :cheer I really like it better longer how you have it. How many skeins did you end up using of the Bamboo?

~k

• 5 weeks later...

Archived