Loop Weaving?

Has anyone tried this before? Is there a book to learn how to do it? Or a Tutorial on line? I have been searching around for awhile and coming up empty handed. There are many different things referred to as loop Weaving, but I want to see more about the crocheting/loop weaving of soft pots or baskets..............ANY information on this would be welcome! Thanks!

Sounds interesting. I've never heard of loop weaving baskets before. I have something called Loop-N-Lace Crochet, but it only makes afghans. The strips have chain loops along the sides that you weave together to assemble the afghan. If you don't find anything, maybe some one here can design something.

Ellie 13

Here is a link of some of the baskets that she made, they are really cute:yes.......but I think the only way to learn it is by giving her your name and e-mail and then she sends you a free pattern to try out.....I just might have to go that route, though I would have preferred a book to learn from.:book

http://www.loopweaving.com/

Ok, since it was free, I signed up and on of the things you get besides the pattern is an e-book about how to do it. I am looking at it now, I can see using these baskets for gifts at Christmas for sure

Well, I signed up too!:hook I am always eager to learn a new technique, so I am really looking forward to getting my e-book! these baskets would be GREAT for the holidays.......alone or with something inside them!

That's part of the problem. The website goes on at length about how fabulous and fun it is, but doesn't actually explain WHAT it is or HOW it's done. That follows when you've paid. And I, quite frankly, buy nothing sight unseen.

I just joined and you receive the hook, the e-book on how to do it, a pattern and on-line support for FREE

Thanks for clearing that up, Robyn. What sort of a hook is it??

My problem is: when I read through the JOIN NOW FOR FREE, I thought - membership till 2009? So what? Their pots look quite sweet but do I have to become a member in order to learn many variations on one or two patterns? An e-book - lovely, love books. And the kitchen sink. What is that? What does that mean?

My basic dilemma is - and I guess that's why they are now giving free membership (normally it's $22 p.a.) - that I still don't know what loopweaving IS, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. The first time I visited their website I was no wiser when I left than I was before I entered. And I may have interpreted this incorrectly, but back then, I believe one had to sign up for a fee (??). The thing is, 'loopweaving' means nothing to me - I don't know how it's DONE. And because I don't know how it's done, I don't know if I'm interested in learning to do it. I don't really care whether or not it's free, maybe my problem is more to do with the fact that I don't want to sign up for anything or download anything till I know what it is they are actually selling/promoting/giving away. I still don't know if we are talking about a variety of crochet. Or is it knitting? Or is it something else?

Sorry if I sound cranky, I'm genuinely not :) But I understand they want to tantalise readers and promote their craft, while keeping their exclusivity rights. Put a free tutorial on the web and it will no longer be 'their' craft, but part of the public domain. I guess I just don't have the trust or the time or the desire to commit to something I don't know about. Maybe that's just me. :(

Well, I joined up and I got the e-book on how to do it, it seems easy, a mixture of crocheting and weaving. But I DID NOT receive a free pattern..........But at least I know What it is now and how to do it!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone. Thank you so much for the many lovely comments that I am receiving from you. Loopweaving (One word, I made it up so I could protect the name with a trademark) came to me originally about 5 years ago, and I have been discovering new weave designs and shapes to make ever since. What I'm not good at is explaining the process. The ebook 'the art of loopweaving' was my first attempt. Since then I realize it falls short of what it needs to say. I have recently added a section at the website www.loopweaving.com called Loopweavers Corner with more specific "how-to" info. But I still have such a long way to go in that area. I decided to make the learning process (ebook and so on) free. I'm hearing from so many people that want to learn and am hopeful the more accessible the information I do have is, the easier it will be to learn. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. And yes I can take the criticism too. Thanks in advance for your support and advice.

Archived