Couple of Haekelbeutels

tris4crochet

I made this one first, for me out of leftover yarn from the daisy afghan I made my sister. I sc'd the squares together.

I love it and the pattern is so easy and addicting. I saw LittleGreenStars post (http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=80597) and fell in love. The pattern is linked in her post.

th_bag1.jpg

This one is for my Aunt who is taking my DD on vacation for a week later this summer (along with 3 cousins) I thought a bag could prove useful ;)

This one was done with Caron Perfect Match in Violet or Dark Violet (lost label) and Caron Pounder in off white. I made a strap in each color and I whip stitched it together, I think I prefer the sc method.

th_bag2.jpg

Try the pattern, you will fall in love!

They turned out very nice

I referred to the other post with the pattern etc

Thank you for sharing

Hmm just might give it a try but would like to try to line it.

Hummywinger

I love both of the bags that you made! I copied that and put it in my "to do" pile but seeing yours really makes me want to start one! Did you line yours? What kind of yarn did you use?

I did not line mine. The Neon bag I followed the pattern exactly and the holes are a bit big, but I think I will be using it as a project bag or a grocery bag so I am not worried. The yarn is RHSS.

The plum and off white is Caron, I only did a ch 1 at the corners to eliminate the big holes, and I think its perfect.

I can do basic sewing, but I don't enjoy it so I don't even try to line.

I highly recommend the pattern, fun and easy and who doesn't have time to do squares? I was thinking about making some with smaller squares (2 or 3 rounds) and see how big they turn out to be.

:manyheart Nice bags! I have printed this pattern out and simply must make one for myself :D. I have been looking at different granny squares and just trying to get a mental picture of how they would look made up into a bag like this. I think any kind of square would work. Since you have already made a few of these, what do you think?:think

:manyheart Nice bags! I have printed this pattern out and simply must make one for myself :D. I have been looking at different granny squares and just trying to get a mental picture of how they would look made up into a bag like this. I think any kind of square would work. Since you have already made a few of these, what do you think?:think

I think any square would work. You might need to line it with the open holed grannies but... really depends on what you want to use it for :)

Archived