Tatted Butterfly In Paperweight

chessie

I found these paperweights at a Dollar Tree and :think hmmm I could do

something with those. So I thought to begin with I would do a butterfly.

I think it turned out pretty neat.

tattedbutterfly.jpg

That is so pretty. But i don't understand. You tatted the butterfly?? And then put it into the paperweight? How???

Its an ancient chinese secret :rofl

Nah...seriously the glass paperweight comes apart then I just put the butterfly in it and place the glass back over it.

You---are---a---funny---gal!!!!! :-O Ok. I feel a little silly! I need to get out more and check out all those new fangled gadgets!!! I still think it is very pretty!!!

You---are---a---funny---gal!!!!! :-O Ok. I feel a little silly! I need to get out more and check out all those new fangled gadgets!!! I still think it is very pretty!!!

LOL...I just couldn't resist that :D

Thanks I am glad you like it.

very pretty. a question I want to try tatting but am not really sure i want to buy the shuttle yet...did you use a shuttle or did you use a hook?

Thanks I used a tatting needle for this.They have plastic tatting shuttles

at HL 2 in a pack for less than 5 dollars.

I love the butterfly!! Isn't tatting fun? I started by using the needles but I have since switched to shuttles since many older patterns use them. If anyone is just starting out, it takes lots of patience and practice to learn to switch the knots from the ring to the shuttle thread which is your base. Once you get it, it is so much fun to do. "Michaels" carries the shuttles that have removable bobbins and it makes winding very easy.

That's cute, I love it! What a great idea...one to add to my never ending list of ideas. :D (Now I know why I kept wanting to get one of those paperweights! and I don't tat :P)

• 1 month later...

Archived