Ami Lovers! This Could Be Fun?

Does anyone make tons of ami stuff and then has too many [can you have too many???]

I was thinking that it would be fun to make some cute ami's and leave them around town. I was thinking I'd make some and leave them on the bus or at the bus stop or in the basket at the grocery store or in a shelf at the library! Wouldn't that be fun?! I think I'm going to do that with a little note saying that they can take them home but be sure to love them or give them to someone who will love them! I live in a very depressed area, violence, gangs...other illegal behaviour. I think it would be nice to leave a little surprise for people! Do you want to do it too? Even one little ami would brighten someone's day and that could set off a ripple effect. It's like that old commerical "I told two friends and they told two friends and so on and so on" I'm gonna do this!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never made one and I know it depends on the size and what kind but how long does it take to make these little guys?

I make my firemen bears for my family's charity. They are volunteer firefighters and give them to kids they come across on their calls. We are always looking for others to join us. If you are interested in helping out check out the Charity blitz post for June.

I often give ami's away. I personally would actually give it rather than leave it. Often people are afraid to pick up something left laying around. Giving to a dentis office or dr's office, to a grade school teacher, would all be nice. My next project is to give bookmarkers to The Friends of the Library to (hopefully) sell.

I often give ami's away. I personally would actually give it rather than leave it. Often people are afraid to pick up something left laying around. Giving to a dentis office or dr's office, to a grade school teacher, would all be nice. My next project is to give bookmarkers to The Friends of the Library to (hopefully) sell.

I'm gonna leave a little note on them. My next thing I want to do is take a few dollars and thumbtack them to trees with a note paperclipped to say See! Money does grow on trees!! I love that idea. I also leave paperback books that I don't want any more in trees for people to find. It's fun. I have faith that these babies will find someone to love them.

i tend to give them to small children who are being well behaved in public places. (ie, the grocery store) but i ALWAYS make sure to ask mom FIRST (and dads, too!)

That is so sweet!!!

i tend to give them to small children who are being well behaved in public places. (ie, the grocery store) but i ALWAYS make sure to ask mom FIRST (and dads, too!)

That's so cute! I'm sure the parents just love it, too.

Hi There was a similar idea with books... People would leave books out on the wild, and then blog about it at a certain blog. The books had a serial number on them especially for this reason and whensb found it he could go to the blog and comment and ten follow the book s journey (he or she had to realease it again once it was read) Maybe you could do sth similar... Create a blog for that reason and blog about the ami s you release into the wild :) and word will get around :) I find it a great idea... You could leave a note with em, with love instructions and the address of the blog ???? Just my ideas on the table

I often have little guys in my crochet/knitting bag. I have given them to kids on the bus, who are tired or having a difficult time and the parents look exhausted. They often settle when they have something new to play with. It helps the parents frazzled nerves, they often are just full of gratitude because they are stressed.

This is a wonderful idea and one I want to try in our neighborhood which is full of crime, hate and distrust.

Cora

I think that giving them to children in hospitals would be a great thing. I believe that there is usually a drive here on the "ville for "Kristies Kids" where she collects toys for that purpose. Or you can just donate it to the children's ward of a hospital near you, or a shelter for abused women who have children with them. There are many places where these toys can be donated instead of leaving them to chance on a bus.

I think that giving them to children in hospitals would be a great thing. I believe that there is usually a drive here on the "ville for "Kristies Kids" where she collects toys for that purpose. Or you can just donate it to the children's ward of a hospital near you, or a shelter for abused women who have children with them. There are many places where these toys can be donated instead of leaving them to chance on a bus.

My whole idea is to leave them on the bus, or in a shopping cart or something like that. I want people to be surprised when they get them. I think the toy drive is a wonderful idea, I really do. But the whole idea is to leave them where they can be found and give an unexpected joy! I like my idea and I'm going to do it. :yay If you lived here you'd understand why I feel this is a happy and important thing to do. It's a very depressed area. In fact, our city's nickname is Desert Desperate Springs. I think a little unexpected happiness is what this place needs.

I love this idea!! It makes me wanna crawl thru the computer & give you a great big hug!

What a nice thing to do! :clap

:hug

Aww thanks. I think the whole idea behind this is just having faith that the ami's will end up in a place that they need to be.

Archived