Interweave Crochet Summer 2008 preview

Sbg4evr

oh i am soo gonna have to hunt that magazine down. :yes i get a kick out of wal-mart, they sell crochet magazines at one wal-mart but not the other which is in the same town. :shrug go figure.

I LOVE :manyheart the Santa Fe Shawl and Le Mer Scarf and the camisole and EVERYTHING else they are showing. Can't wait for Tuesday!!! Thanx for the heads-up.

I got mine in the mail yesterday! Some very pretty things in there but I'm still disappointed they are now only using young/very slim models. Loved it when the models were a more normal size and some were even middle aged!

I love the projects in this issue, however, I can't help but notice that it's knitting cousin, Interweave Knits, is so much sturdier. The earlier issue of IC looked and felt the same as the IK. Just noticed that right away when I got it out the mail.

I got mine in the mail yesterday! Some very pretty things in there but I'm still disappointed they are now only using young/very slim models. Loved it when the models were a more normal size and some were even middle aged!

Dang, I keep looking for the Rav "agree" button. But yes, I agree. I like when they use more average looking models myself.

It might be sturdier, but you should see how many people are complaining about IK. Lots of people on Rav saying they're canceling their subscription. Who knows if they actually are, but they're at least expressing dissatisfaction. So more isn't always merrier, IMO. ;)

I love the projects in this issue, however, I can't help but notice that it's knitting cousin, Interweave Knits, is so much sturdier. The earlier issue of IC looked and felt the same as the IK. Just noticed that right away when I got it out the mail.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been meaning to subscribe to Interweave Crochet, but in the meantime, I'd like to just buy a single copy. I have the same problem with my two local Walmarts - sometimes one will have the magazine but not the other, or both won't have it. Does anyone know of any other stores that carry it? I checked at a Barnes & Noble store last week, but they only had the spring issue, and the store is too far for me to make another trip out there right now.

Thanks in advance!

I've been meaning to subscribe to Interweave Crochet, but in the meantime, I'd like to just buy a single copy. I have the same problem with my two local Walmarts - sometimes one will have the magazine but not the other, or both won't have it. Does anyone know of any other stores that carry it? I checked at a Barnes & Noble store last week, but they only had the spring issue, and the store is too far for me to make another trip out there right now.

Thanks in advance!

I just picked mine up at Kroger. I'm in central Indiana.

Just an FYI (trying to cover all the bases here): There is errata for the cami here:

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/NexStitch/midsummers-dream-camisole

I *think* but could be wrong that with the next printing, they'll be fixing the errors. But just in case you buy one with the snafus, go to the Rav page to see the fixes. It's all in Row 9.

That was the first thing I noticed too. The binding is different, but also it's not as big as it was before (not as much info), but the price didn't change (what??). I was very disappointed because I wait anxiously for each issue, it's my favorite pattern mag because it has always been done in such a classy high-end way, and there was always several patterns that appealed to me. There were none in this one. I just can't see continuing to shuck out $7.99 anymore.

Thanks in advance!

Joann carries it every other month. They alternate space with Interweave Knits.

Archived