I didn't know it was this big...

Since my fiance is out of town for the next week, I decided to pull out all of my yarn so I could organize my stash and post it on Ravelry to know what I actually have...Well, I'm not sure if I'm done or not, yet, but three 18 gallon tubs, a laundry basket, five boxes, a trunk, and dozens of bags later, my living room floor is almost completely covered.

I had no idea I had this much yarn. I haven't bought too much in the past year, and I'd gotten rid or much of it before I moved last July. Where did it all come from? Some of it I've had since high school, five years or more ago. I'm going to have a fun day it looks like.

Oh! Take pics! It sounds like you're going to have a great day! Just think of all the treasures that you're going to discover!

I did that with my yarn recently that I brought over from my mom's house. I had put it in bins when we had our addition put on and stored them there...4 years ago! Between those and the bags I had in 2 closets, I listed the colors I had and put them together in gallon zip lock bags and I had 122 skeins. I put them in the hope chest my mom gave me for mother's day that was a gift from my dad to her when they got married and a large bin (all the white and buf). 90% of it is RHSS.

I cannot imagine how much you have with the whole floor covered and all those containers. Make sure to give us a final count!

:cheer

:lol :lol :lol Isn't it shocking ~ and fun!? You know what you've got, but to see it all at once is :yay .

Now you can do a good inventory of it all and plan projects around it. You can always make gifts of yarn you know you won't use to other people.

Oh my gosh...I feel so deprived!!! :( I don't have enough yarn to even call it a "stash"! I cleaned out a lot last year and donated it to charity. Plus, the last couple of years have seen me quilting more than crocheting. But, I can fix that! :yes Gee, maybe I need to go to Joanns?

Archived