box stitch baby cardigan

Pattern writing isn't my strong point as i rarely work from one.... but Here is my best attempt, feel free to post comments or questions ill do my best to answer them!

th_DSC03349.jpg

Crocheted Box stitch Sweater I hook, Caron Simply Soft in Orchid Yarn

Final Dimensions:

neck to waist:11.5 inches

armpit waist: 8.5 inches

armpit to cuff:8 inches

shoulder to cuff:11 inches

Circumference under armpits:21 inches

Back

CO 33

Row 1: sc in second ch from hook (ch 2, sc in each of next 2 stitches) repeat across

Row 2: ch3, turn work, in each ch2 space dc 4 times

Row 3: ch1, sc in first chain, ch 3, sc between each set of dc in the previous row. sc in the last space

Row 4: ch3, 4 DC in each Ch3 space, DC in last SC

Row 5-16: repeat rows 3 and 4

Row 17: sc in each stitch, through the second DC of the first cluster, ch1 sc between DC, ch3 sc between each DC cluster until the last cluster, ch1 sc in second DC over. Row 18: Ch3 2dc in ch1 space, 4 DC in each ch3 space, 2dc in the ch1 space, dc

Row 19: Ch1, sc until the 4 dc cluster, ch3 sc between dc clusters 6x

Row 20: Ch3, 4dc in each ch 3 space across, DC into last stitch (6 clusters)

Row 21: Ch1, sc across first 4dc cluster, ch3 sc between dc cluster 4x

Row 22: Ch3, 4dc in each ch3 space (4 clusters)

Front

CO 17

Row 1: sc in second ch from hook (ch 2, sc in each of next 2 stitches) repeat across

Row 2: ch3, turn work, in each ch2 space dc 4 times (4 dc clusters)

Row 3: ch1, sc in first chain, ch 3, sc between each set of dc in the previous row. sc in the last space

Row 4: ch3, 4 DC in each Ch3 space (4 clusters) , DC in last stitch

Row 5- 16: repeat rows 3 and 4

Row 17: decrease to 3 ch 3 spaces and then a ch1 space

Row 18: 4dc in each ch2 space, 2 dc in ch 1 space

Row 19: sc over the 2dc cluster, then ch3 over the 3 dc clusters.

Row 20: 4dc in each ch 3 space

Row 21: Decrease one cluster on the opposite side for the neck, so only 2 ch3 sections

Row 22: 4 dc clusters in each the ch3 spaces (2 clusters)

Make this mirror image of this for the opposite front side.

Sleeve make two!

CO 17

Row 2: ch3, turn work, in each ch2 space dc 4 times (4 dc clusters)

Row 4: ch3, 4 DC in each Ch3 space (4 clusters) , DC in last stitch

Row 5/6: Increase 1/2 a cluster on each side 4+ 2 halfs clusters

Row 7/8: Still 4 + 2 half clusters

Row 9/10: add one more stitch to each edge cluster (4 plus 2 3/4 clusters)

Row 11/12: still 4 plus 2 3/4 clusters

Row 13/14: 6 clusters

Row 15/16: 6 + 2 half clusters

Row 17/18: 6 + 2 half clusters

Row 19/20: Begin shoulder decreases, 6 clusters

Row 21/22: decrease to 4 clusters

Row 23/24: decrease to 3 clusters

Row 25/26: Decrease to 1 cluster

Pin the pieces together so you can make them all line up just right for a smooth fit. Then stitch together.

Do a round of sc up the side, around the neck, down the other side,and around the bottom. Do another round of sc, evenly space 5 ch1 spaces to make button holes along the first side. Then one more round of sc just to finish it off. Also do 1 round of sc around the cuffs for a finishing look. Add buttons and give to the little one of your choice!

oh crud i knew i forgot something... i used caron simply soft in Orchid with a size I hook...

Thanks, can't wait to make it!! I'll have to wait till I can get the yarn from walmart though (I can't wait to hear what my parents and sisters say- They say I can't buy anymore yarn. But they should know that that's like telling the wind to stop blowing!! IMPOSSIBLE).

beautiful sweater, you forgot to mentio what size child this one is for???

love it.:cheer

Well I put the dimensions up there... I think its good for about 12-18 months, but I based it for my sisters baby who is now 8 months, and then added a couple inches in all directions, The sleeves may be proportionally a bit long, but I figure they can just be cuffed...

Its hard with babies as they are all such different sizes... but basing it on chest size i'll go with the 12- 18 month range. Any one with babies around can feel free to chime in size wise!

Wow! I love it! I'm definately going to have to make up some of these for friends, family, and charity. Thanks so much for your generosity in sharing this pattern!

Victoria

PS

It looks like it's perfect for summer too, with short sleves. :)

What size is it for? I've been trying to find a light weight sweater for my daughter while out shopping. I need an 18 month size.

Archived