Have you ever...?

Ok, have you ever sacrificed a regular stuffie, so that you could stuff a crochet item you have made?

I have! Lol! A few years ago, I needed stuffing for something I was making, and I had none. So, I found a stuffed bunny, that was DS's long ago. I opened up the back, and started taking stuffing out, and using it for whatever i was making. There's still a lil bit of stuffing in it, but not much. I've even used some recently for the cord cuddler bags i've been making, to stuff the heads. lol It's actually been used to stuff a few things.

Anyways, a weird question. :D noo.....it's not quiet in the office today, and i'm not bored.........ok........yes it is, and yes i am! very much!

• 2 weeks later...

My first stuffed toy project is still ahead of me so i can't say that I have but you have me thinking that must have been a decent sized bunny!

I'm not sure I could bring myself to take the stuffing out of another toy though because I have this weird thing about them. When I worked in a store and had to put price tags on some animal puppets I would wince every time I had to stick the gun through an ear. I'm not even overly sensitive in general, it's just a freak thing - so, yeah, probably no destuffing for me :lol

I admit it...I've done it! my kids got me a GIANT bear at a yard sale and for my very first octopus stuffie I took it apart...(so ashamed)

I have never done this but what a good idea :devil. My son has a bear on his bed that he has begged me to get rid of and I just couldn't do it even though it has a hole in the paw and the stuffing is coming out. But now that you gave me this grand idea I think I could rip it open and take the stuffing out, but I better not catch anyone doing that to my scooby doo stuff :lol

:blush I'm guilty of this :blush I sacrificed the ugliest teddy bear in the world to stuff my very first Blushing Becca doll... I think the doll does the stuffing more justice anyway! :yes

Nope ... but what a great idea.

But have to be honest ... the only stuffed animals left in my home belong to my doggies ... and somehow reusing the stuffing from them seems very EWWWWW!

LOL!!!

:cheer

• 4 months later...

Yes, luckily we have 7 dogs and a lot of casualties in the stuffed animal department (which happens to be the floor), so whenever I need any stuffing, I just look for the most recent DOA.

I have a few stuffies around, but I don't think I could undo them. The ones I have were kept because they have sentimental value, or were favorites for my kids or grand kids.

I have one that was given to my 40 year old son when he was little. While he had it, the poor creature got a little holey and worn, reducing him to tears. I loveingly restuffed it and patched it the best I could. He slept with it for a few more years. Now it rests in a baggy, safe and sound. Does anyone recall the little (about 5 " ) things that looked like jelly beans with faces (hands and feet from felt) that were called "beanie" somethings or jelly beanies, and kids threw them around like hacky sacks?

Archived