Wanna play with filet?

Having a pattern I like make all the difference in the world with this. I've completed 1/4 of it already! I'm so pleased. I'll get some pictures taken tomorrow. And info on the thread, etc.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love doing filet pieces but have to many projects right now

I have a number of hummingbird patterns I want to do for myself someday.

And did ya all see the set of filet afghans Annies Attic has now.. And one could always do them in thread if ya want it smaller.

Darlene

Here is a picture of the filet pattern I worked up and the start of it.

DCP_1429.jpgDCP_1428.jpg

That looks terrific! I did a small name doily last year for my swap partner, and I know how much time can go into the graphing part before you get anywhere near a hook. Looks great so far!

Thanks, Karen. I agree that the graphing is very time consuming, although this one went together much quicker than some I've done.:)

I've reached the halfway point on the first filet project. Won't be able to post a picture until I get back home the end of the month. Hope you are all doing well. :hug

At long last I have figured out how to post pics again! This is so painful!! Here are a couple of pics of my finished project. It was done in a 4-ply thread with an interwoven ribbon.

P1010001.jpg

P1010004.jpg

I have crocheted it a second time using #10 thread, just to see the difference it would make. Once I get that project blocked, I'll post pics of it too. This has been a lot of fun and I've learned so much. Thank you all for sharing and supporting!

Patty

Patty, that is gorgeous! Interwoven ribbon sounds like it ups the difficulty a lot. Great work!

I have finished the filet piece with "CAYLOR" spelled in it and have started a second one. Looks like I'll be doing them for 3 generations as Christmas presents this year. John and Kim (the couple I live with and work for), John's parents and his son. In fact, he has another son, so I might have to do 4. :P The things I get myself into. :devil

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the kind comments and support in trying something new. I have learned so much in this thread and appreciate all of you.

Here are a couple of pics of the same pattern done in #10 thread. CONSIDERABLY smaller than my other project. I think it has been fun seeing what a difference the threads we use can make. Thank you all again! I'm off to train for the Greek Games!

P1010001-1.jpg

P1010002-1.jpg

Patty

I ended up designing and doing a filet piece for some friends I've made here in Texas. I turned it over to them today. I took pictures and it turned out almost square after I had starched and ironed it. I'll post pictures after I get back home. It's amazing how much easier and how much more fun it is to make pieces I've designed than it is stuff others have designed. The second "CAYLOR" piece is almost a third done now.

Patty, your second piece is just as pretty as the first one. Great job!!!! :clap :clap :clap

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, everyone. My home computer is having problems getting on the internet so I'm at the library for the present. Hope to have the problem fixed soon. I've designed and started another fillet project, this time for my mom and brothers for Christmas. This pattern is similar to the Caylor one, but I simplified the letters some and changed the pattern at the bottom. John thinks it looks "elegant." Will post pictures when the computer is fixed. :hug

• 4 months later...

It was mid-November before the home computer got hooked back up to the internet. Anyway, here are the pictures of the filet crochet pieces I came up with. The first is the one I did in Texas for friends there. All of the name filet pieces are done using a pattern of my grandmother's dated February 1949. The second is the piece I did for John and Kim for Christmas, they're couple I live with. I did two in this style. The second is for John's parents for Christmas.

DCP_1460.jpgDCP_1533.jpg

The first one here is for John's office. Everyone at work calls him JC. This was his birthday present. He's a New Year's Day baby. I did 3 of the next one. One for my mom and each of my brothers for Christmas.

DCP_1528.jpgDCP_1526.jpg

This is a somewhat simplified version of the one I did for John and Kim. I did two like this. One for each of John's sons for Christmas.

DCP_1525.jpg

Those are awesome! :) I love the lettering style for the name ones

Thank you. I love the patterns I got from my grandma. They have so many lovely things in them.

It was mid-November before the home computer got hooked back up to the internet. Anyway, here are the pictures of the filet crochet pieces I came up with. The first is the one I did in Texas for friends there. All of the name filet pieces are done using a pattern of my grandmother's dated February 1949. The second is the piece I did for John and Kim for Christmas, they're couple I live with. I did two in this style. The second is for John's parents for Christmas.

DCP_1460.jpgDCP_1533.jpg

The first one here is for John's office. Everyone at work calls him JC. This was his birthday present. He's a New Year's Day baby. I did 3 of the next one. One for my mom and each of my brothers for Christmas.

DCP_1528.jpgDCP_1526.jpg

This is a somewhat simplified version of the one I did for John and Kim. I did two like this. One for each of John's sons for Christmas.

DCP_1525.jpg

WOW! Those are beautiful! Great job Linda!

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire :fire:fire:fire:fire (can't get much warmer!) regards,

:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust Cosmo :mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust

Archived