Log Cabin Afghan

I just started a Log Cabin Afghan from Vanna's new book and let me just tell you...."I'm so excited!!!!!" :cheer It is really an easy pattern. Takes some getting used to stitching evenly in the ends of rows, but once you do a couple, it's a piece of cake. Can't believe I didn't try it sooner. So much more exciting than just a single crochet afghan, doing the same thing over and over and over and over......you get the picture. Thanks for letting me ramble. :yay

It's lovely that you're so excited about your work, that's brilliant! I'm looking forward to seeing a photo of the completed ghan sometime....

The log cabins are such a neat idea, good for you attempting it!

:)

I'm determined to do one of these. My Project Linus chapter had a knitted one hanging at our Make A Blanket Day, and I've been searching for a crochet pattern. Thanks for the tip! Patty

On the Lion Brand site they have one, using Cottonease yarn. I imagine you could use any worsted weight for it.

• 2 months later...

Kim - Good for you! I am in the process of trying to pick colors (I have boys) for this pattern.

Question: Did you use her colors as written of come up with your own? I am terrible about combining colors and would love to know how you came up with your colors (if different).

BTW: Are you making yours the size the pattern suggests or larger? I'm thinking of going larger, but have no idea how to determine how much more of each color to buy?

Marie

Takes some getting used to stitching evenly in the ends of rows, but once you do a couple, it's a piece of cake. Can't believe I didn't try it sooner.

(Sorry this may be a dumb question) What do you mean? Are you connecting the ends of rows as you go like with entrelac?

I made a log cabin afghan for my DH and he loves it. No one else is allowed to use it if he is in his recliner :lol. Once you get the hang of it, it is really quite simple. Congrats to you for the adventure!

This may sound silly, but is there a certain color mix you are supposed to work with when making the Log Cabin pattern (ie: one side dark colors, other side light, etc.) or do you just make sure each strip is different???

I don't quilt, but it seems most I've seen have a light/dark theme going?

Marie

Archived