Amigurumi Doll finished!!

There was a thread recently about an amigurumi doll and i had wanted to make her so badly... well i wasn't skilled enough to figure out the pattern when I first started and its taken me ~6 months~ to try and finish her.

Well my dear beau finally gave me the inspiration to finish her and im so proud of her and so is he.

I named her Gloria and she's 18 inches tall. She has dark and light purple highlights and 2 shiny green buttons for eyes. I gave her a short sleeve shirt instead of a long sleeve and she likes to listen to music and play video games.

th_Photo1.jpg

I've got a doll simmilar to this...in pieces. a head, the body, both legs and the beginning of an arm. why am I stuck you ask...the HAIR! I can't figure it out!!!

She turned out great. I love that pattern, you can make her look anyway you want.

You did a great job and I just love the hair. You should be proud.:hook

Thank you all so much for your WONDERFUL comments... i actually did her hair so it turned out really thick and heavy... i took a strand of yarn, folded it in half and slipped it through a stitch. it made her head tilt back slightly but i cut 2 inches off all her hair and it lifted it a bit

And actually, her lips are red yarn that i slip stitched on! :) its fantastic

I have a ton of camouflage yarn that im trying to figure out what i want to do with.. hmm hehe maybe a younger brother or some clothes for Gloria? :D!!!

Thank you again :)

Hey if anyone else has any cute Ami patterns to share I'd love to trade and give suggestions :)

I keep all my patterns in binders and I'm making a binder dedicated to Ami's so I'd love to see what you guys have and share some of my own free ones I've found

Thats impressive... I know i did the hair wrong with the tying it in half and slipping it around a stitch.. how did you do it and how did you shape the hairline? it was my first doing if doll's hair so i kinda guessed as i went

The hairline on my first doll really stunk. On the second doll, I folded a strand of yarn in half then used a hook to pull the folded part through a stitch. Then I knotted it. I thought it was safest to knot the hair since the dolls were going to kids.

Archived