Should the Ville include knitting parts in Original Patterns  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Ville include knitting parts in Original Patterns

• Absolutely, we love our dolls and we love our yarn
    • Yeah... Ok... it's just a doll clothes pattern
    • Well I'd need to see how much knitting before I agree
    • not really ... it could set precedent
    • This is a CROCHET site - what part of that don't you get

Just wanted to chime in that I love your poll options. It's the perfect blend of yes graduating to no, worded just right.

I didn't vote. Because I don't have time to learn how to knit (although I'd love to), I rarely have time to crochet, and I can link to a crochet pattern on CPC, a knit pattern on KPC, or a crochet/knit pattern in CPC/KPC's Knit and Crochet Combination patterns section. ;)

If we are to incorporate knitting patterns into the ville

I think they should have their own section. Say "Crochetville", with "The knitting Room" as a seperate Heading.

We already have a knitting section. ;)

I'm glad you're posting it Darski. I want to see it. Doesn't mean I'll want to make it or anything. I can't believe the number of people who at least don't want to see it. :think

When the pattern is posted tomorrow, you can request that it be removed if you really object to it.

Oh my goodness, I would never object to anyone posting what they make. I was just saying that I didn't want to wade through knitting patterns when looking at crochet stuff. If I want to see knitting I would go to that section, and crochet in it's own section.

I would love to see your project, I just answered the poll the way I felt honestly, and not to offend anyone. I congratulate your spirit and your ability to create and write patterns (I can't and don't have the patience to write mine down). In a way I envy your talent to do that. Goodness, Darski, I did not want to put you out.:blush

I guess a part of me did realize that posting knit items would be a challenge for some here at the Ville and now we know that and we can all make our choices based on that information.:hug:hug:hug

Just a little extra note to let everyone know that I have posted a pattern for a knitted Ruana in the Knitting (beginners) forum. it is just a basic how to so you can get started on creating your own versions of this neat accessory for our 18 in dolls

:manyheart:crocheting:hug

Please note that the link only works if you are joined to the knitter's groups.

I crocheted a full size version for my next up sister a few Christmases ago. :)

there is a section here for knitters as well. so these patterns i think would be wonderful.

I have looked all over, and can't find the section for knitting!! Where is it? I clicked on a link from darski for the knitted ruana, and got a message telling me I was denied access, asking if I was trying to edit someone's post, or my acount was disabled...HELP?? Somebody????

They're both nice Darki, thanks again for sharing! :)

I have looked all over, and can't find the section for knitting!! Where is it? I clicked on a link from darski for the knitted ruana, and got a message telling me I was denied access, asking if I was trying to edit someone's post, or my acount was disabled...HELP?? Somebody????

You have to go to subscribe. This thread tells you how:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49193

:)

I think you have to sign up for the special groups from your User CP

It should be listed as available for you to join. it was ages ago that I did it so it is hard to recall.

Click on UserCP from the list at the top

look for the "Networking" title from the menu on the left

look for Group Memberships in that list and you should be able to sign in

Thank You, Empress and Darski! I knew I didn't have much mind left to lose, but I really thought it was gone when I couldn't find the knitting forum!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad you're posting it Darski. I want to see it. Doesn't mean I'll want to make it or anything. I can't believe the number of people who at least don't want to see it. :think

Where is the knitting section? I've searched for it and couldn't find it.

I figured it out. I posted this before I saw the post above this one.

I guess a part of me did realize that posting knit items would be a challenge for some here at the Ville and now we know that and we can all make our choices based on that information.:hug:hug:hug

Just a little extra note to let everyone know that I have posted a pattern for a knitted Ruana in the Knitting (beginners) forum. it is just a basic how to so you can get started on creating your own versions of this neat accessory for our 18 in dolls

:manyheart:crocheting:hug

Please note that the link only works if you are joined to the knitter's groups.

How do you join the Knitter's groups? I can't find it.

Found it and joined!

I must say, as one of the people who "voted against" it, in no way did I say, "yuk, I don't want to see that"... :eek What I was answering was the poll question:

"Should the Ville include knitting parts[sic] in Original Patterns?"

My opinion was that being Crochetville Original Patterns, I, as a user, would expect the patterns to be for crochet. Not that I do not support Darski in designing a mixed medium outfit (hey, I'm sure I'd be all over doing the same thing myself if I could knit as well as crochet and had the time and energy to create my own patterns rather than just being a greedy lazybutt and availing myself of all the lovely work already available :yes...) but that perhaps - as a rule/ a general statement of reality - Crochetville Original Patterns section should contain original patterns for crocheting. I love the ideas of having a separate forum (perhaps a subforum of Original Designs in much the same way that "Seeking Pattern Testers" is a subforum of "Design Den" for 'Designs in Other Mediums'...) or some such...

I used the final option, not because I feel that exact way, but because I thought I perceived a tongue placed firmly in the region of a cheek in the phrasing of that 'strong no' option. :)

Congratulations on getting the pattern finished Darski, if I ever learn to knit and own an 18" doll, I am sure to give it a go :D.

:hug

Cheers,

Archived