Did you make Chelle's Halter (or one like it??)

mrs who

Question

8 answers to this question

I used cottontots but I didn't like how it came out really. It was a lot bigger than I expected it to be...if I were to do it over again I would use a sport weight yarn. Maybe Bernat Softee or something.

I wanted to use cotton yarn, so I also used Cotton Tots. It worked up well for me because I knew my gauge would be off (it always is) and I started with a G hook instead of J hook. The second and third I made, I used Paton's Fresco (ribbon yarn) that is 100% acrylic, but worked up nice and soft. Bernat also has it - it's called Miami. Again, I downgraded the hook because I didn't know if the yarn was too big. I'm completely addicted to the pattern. It's fast and easy and the halters are so cute.:hook

Hi Lauri! A yarn like Lion Brand cotton-ease, or TLC cotton plus would work well for the halters - they are 50/50 and 51/49 % cotton/acrylic

Remember ladies, I am a TIGHT crocheter! This is why Gauge is very important because we all crochet at different tensions. If know you are a loose crocheter, go down from a J hook to a size H or I hook.

I am glad to read you all like the pattern :D I've been crazy busy lately! Im sorry Im not around much!

Archived