Dora goes Nautical Pattern *UPDATED INFO PLEASE TAKE A LOOK*

Aelita

Okay Thanx alot to BrendaR for pointing this out to me about the two errors I had in the top pattern. I have updated it and if there are anymore errors please don't hesitate to pm me and let me know. Thanks again BrendaR.

Okay I posted pics of Dora in her sailor outfit in the B&C Show and Tell and the 15"to 18" doll clothes CAL but here is the pattern:

DoraSailorOutfit.jpg

okay the way I did the top is coming back to me lol:

I hook

Red Heart SS Yarn in Navy

For this top I found that doing 2 sc's in two chains is much better for the corners then doing 3 sc's in one, if you get what I mean I may just do all my Dora/ Bratz tops like this lol.

Ch 31

Rnd 1~ sc in the second ch from hook and the next 3 ch's, 2 sc's in the next two ch's(this will create the corners), sc in next 3 ch's, 2 sc in next two ch's, sc in the next 8 ch's, 2 sc's in the next two, sc in the 3 ch's,2 sc's in the next two ch's, then you will have either 3 or 4 ch's left over, sc in those last ch's, ch 1, turn

Rnd 2~ sc in the first 5 sc's, 2 sc's in the next two sc's, sc in the next 5 sc's, 2 sc's in the next two sc's, sc in the next 10 sc's, 2 sc's in the next two sc's, sc in the next 5 sc's, 2 sc's in the next two sc's, at this point you should have 5 sc's left, sc in the last 5, ch 1 then turn.

Rnd 3~ sc in first 6 sc's, 2 sc's in the next two sc's, sc in the next 7 sc's, 2 sc's in the next two sc's, sc in the next 12 sc's, 2 sc's in the next two, sc in the next 7 sc's, 2 sc's in the next two sc's, you should have 6 sc's left, sc in the last 6 sc's, ch 1, turn.

Rnd 4~ (okay here is where I kind of got messed up and had to rip it out many times but bear with me this is my first time writing a pattern okay here goes for this round), sc in the first 7 sc's, 2 sc's in next two, sc in the 9 sc's, 2 sc's in next two, sc in the next 14 sc's, 2 sc's in next two sc's, sc in next 9 sc's, 2 sc's in next two sc's, there should be 7 sc's left, sc in the last 7 sc's, ch 1, turn.

Rnd 5~ sc in the first 9 sc's, ch 5, skip the rest sc's and sc in the middle of the next 2sc groups, this creates the armhole, sc across the next 18 sc's, ch 5, sk the other sc's to the middle of the next 2 sc groups, this creates the second armhole,sc in the last 9 sc's, ch 2, turn.

Rnd 6~ dc in each sc and ch's across to end, ch 1, turn

Rnds 7-9~ sc in each sc across to end making sure to ch 1, turn at the end. After row 9 if you know how to switch colors, switch to white and add white trim at bottom, fasten off and weave in ends. For the arms you'll have to attach the white and add a trim around it.

okay now onto the:

PANTS

I hook

Red Heart SS in White

Elastic hair band

To start the waist take and sc 42 around the elastic band.

Rnds 1-5~ ch 1, hdc in each hdc around, join to first ch 1, ch 1 again and turn.

Rnd 6~ hdc in the first 21 hdc's then join to the beginning ch 1.

Rnds 7-11~ ch 1 hdc in each hdc around, join to ch 1, turn.

Rnd 12~ ch 1 hdc in each hdc making sure to increase by 3 hdc's evenly. This should bring you up to 24 hdc's when you join to the ch 1.

Rnd 13~ ch 1, hdc in each hdc around, if you know how to switch colors, then switch to navy blue then join to ch 1, turn.

Rnd 14~ with navy blue ch 1, hdc in each hdc around, join to ch 1, fasten off weave in ends.

Repeats rnds 6-14 for the second leg

If all goes well then your Dora will look like this:

DoraSailorfront.jpg

DoraSailorback.jpg

as for the anchor I used puff paint in white and went off memory on how an anchor looks. If you don't know then I'm quite sure you can google the word anchor and it'll bring up some pics of it. I still have to add some buttons to the top. I failed to make button holes but that's okay I'll get them on there. This is my first pattern so please let me know how it went and if you make this otufit can you please post a pic of it.

It's adorable! I love making doll clothes. I don't have a single Dora doll but I've collected every pattern I could find because my granddaughter loves Dora.

How wonderful!! The outfit is perfect for what I need to make. Thanks so much for making it available and when I get it made, I'll try to remember [LoL] to post a pic. Thanks again!

Archived