A whole novel about a yarn shop!

swapnae

I was just at Target getting supplies for our trip to the Keys and I saw her books "The Shop On Blossom Street" and "A Good Yarn" so picked them both up! Something to read when I'm not crocheting on the beach! Thanx for the mentioning otherwise I might have passed them by.

I just checked "blossom street'' out at the local library -- just got started reading it, but really enjoying it so far!!!

Debbie Macomber now has two pattern books out to go with both her books, "A Shop on Blossom Street'' and "A Good Yarn.'' They are knitting pattern books, but have really cute patterns in them! My knitting class instructor let me look at hers on Tuesday night -- and I am just going to have to splurge for my birthday in July and buy myself a present. :)

Gotta finish all the WIPs I already have going first, or I will have another closet full of things in progress. :)

Hugs! Juli ~craftimama~

I was just at Target getting supplies for our trip to the Keys and I saw her books "The Shop On Blossom Street" and "A Good Yarn" so picked them both up! Something to read when I'm not crocheting on the beach! Thanx for the mentioning otherwise I might have passed them by.

This makes me wonder, does anyone else know of books with a crochet/yarn connection? I've never read any myself...:(

There is a great book by Jill Churchill in her Jane Jeffrey mystery series called "A Farewell to Yarns.'' All of Jill Churchill's books play on titles of classic novels like "War and Peas'' and "The Class Menagerie'' "A Farewell to Yarns'' is a murder mystery and the main character is also crocheting an afghan through most of the story. It's a great book if you like mysteries.

Hugs! Juli ~Craftimama~

A good yarn and the shop on blossom st are good books. I like Debbie Macomber books. I"ve read a lot of them. And she has a knitting leaflet out and is suppose to come out with a crochet one.;)

A good yarn and the shop on blossom st are good books. I like Debbie Macomber books. I"ve read a lot of them. And she has a knitting leaflet out and is suppose to come out with a crochet one.;)

This is true. The Shop on Blossom Street and a Good Yarn are both good. Even though the patterns are knitted, they are books about friendship that are forged by people of different backgrounds in the classes.

I just gave my copy of The Shop on Blossom Street to my best friend to read. I loved this book. I'm waiting on the paperback version of A Good Yarn to come out before I buy it. But I may break down and check out the hardback from the library once their on-order copy arrives.

A Good Yarn is a sequel to The Shop on Blossom Street, so if you haven't read either yet, you'll probably want to start with Blossom Street.

I kind of like Monica Ferris' Betsy Devonshire mysteries. There are 7, 6 in paperback. The first one is Crewel World.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Debbie Macomber's books. I check her website periodically for updated information and during one visit I signed her guestbook. A few weeks later I received a promotional item for A Good Yarn, a case for hooks and needles. It was a great gift, one that is well used. :)

Madelyn

I just finished A shop on Blossom Street. I love it:clap ! I haven't read a really good book since last summer when my mom started me on a series from the christian book store(of course can't remember the books right now!) I read Blossom Street in about 3 hours last nite! I couldn't put it down, now I want to open a yarn store!:manyheart

Archived