Crocheted Lipstick Pattern (3 images)

champygirl

I posted a pic of this a long time ago, so I got my crochet lipstick down and decided to make another one and write down the pattern. I just got done with it. Here it is:

Crocheted Lipstick

post-11825-135897401178_thumb.jpg

By champygirl April 27, 2008

This pattern has not been tested

Materials:
Worsted weighted yarn (I used red heart)
2oz black/ 2oz red/ 1oz gold
Polyfil (stuffing)
Size D hook
Yarn Needle
Stitch Marker (I used a piece of yarn)

Finished Object:4”h x 1 ¼” w with lid.
3 ½” h x 1 ¼” w without lid. Red part is almost an inch wide.

Note: Pattern is crocheted in a continuous spiral, so do not join unless specified.
Remember to move your stitch marker up each round.
Stuff as you go.

Directions:

Lipstick:

Rnd 1: With red yarn ch2, 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook. (6sc)

Rnd 2: 2 sc in each of the next 2 sts, work 1 sc into the back loop of each of the next 4 sts, and sc into the back loops of the first 4 sts made at the beginning of the rnd. (8sc)

Rnd 3: Slipstitch in each of the next 4 sts, sc in each of the next 4 sts. (4sl st , 4sc)

Rnd 4: Sc in each stitch around. (8sc)

Rnd 5&6: Repeat rnd 4 for rnd 5&6. (8sc)

Rnd 7:Sc in each stitch around, slip stitch into next st. (8sc)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Rnd 8:Join gold yarn with a sl st to any stc, ch1, sc in the back loop of the same stitch., [2sc in back loop of next st, 1 sc in backloop of next st] Do this 3 times, sc in back loop of next stitch, sl st to first sc made in this round. Now going in the front loop of rnd 7, 2sc in first front loop (in front of the same you joined the yarn and made the first st in the back loop of rnd 7), [1sc in next front loop, 2 sc in next front loop] Do this 3 times sc in next front loop, sl st to join first sc done in front loops. Finish off and weave in ends.
(11 sc + 1 sl st for joining on sc done in back loops/ 12 + 1 sl st for joining on sc done in front loops) (23sc total)

Rnd 9: Join black yarn with a sc in the joining of sc done in the back loop of rnd 7, sc in each of the stitches done in the back loops of rnd7. Do not join. (12sc)

Rnd 10: Sc in each stitch around. (12sc)

Rnd 11-13: Repeat rnd 10 for rnds 11 thru 13. (12sc)

Rnd 14: Sc in back loop only of each stitch around. (12sc)

Rnd 15: [sc decrease next 2 sts together] do this 6 times, sl st in next st, finish off leaving a long enough tail for weaving. (6sc) Weave tail in and out of stitches on rnd 15, pull tail to close opening, finish off and weave in end.

Lid:

Rnd 1: With gold yarn ch2, 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook. (6sc)

Rnd 2: 2sc in each stitch around. (12sc)

Rnd 3: [sc in each of the next 3 sts, 2 sc in next st] do this three time, sl st in next st. (15sc)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Rnd 4: Join black yarn with a sc in any back loop of sc in rnd 3, sc in the back loop of each st around. (15sc)

Rnd 5: sc in each stitch acround. (15sc)

Rnd 6-8: Repeat rnd 5 for rnds 6 thru 8. (15sc)

Rnd 9: Sc in each stitch around, sl st in next st. (15sc)

Rnd 10: Join gold yarn with a sc in any stitch, sc in each st around. (15sc)

Rnd 11: Slipstitch in each st around, sl st in first sl st made in this round. (15 sl st)

Finish off and weave in ends. The red part should slip into the lid up until the gold part on rnd 8 of lipstick.

Note: You can make different kinds by just changing the colors.

post-11825-13589740118_thumb.jpg

Enjoy!!!! :hook

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl April 27, 2008. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

Heres the links to the other pics:
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/Crocheted%20Toys%20and%20Bags/crochetlipstick2.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/Crocheted%20Toys%20and%20Bags/crochetlipstick3.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/Crocheted%20Toys%20and%20Bags/Crochetlipstick.jpg

post-11825-135897401176_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived