Water Bottle Holder

yarntotingmama

I got the inspiration and free pattern link to whip this up from this thread from ManfaMae up in the Other Crochet Topics forum. I figured since I had some of this Sugar 'n Cream cotton laying around and I would love to take a break from larger projects to complete something quick and easy, this was just perfect. I made the strap quite a bit longer and took a little liberty with the edging along the rim. The best part was that I learned a stitch I was unfamiliar with - the double crochet decrease. :D

I'm giving this one away to my step-sister-in-law to either use or re-gift since I'm not sure whether it's "her" or not but I think I'll whip one up in another color for myself.

waterbottleholder-closeup.jpg

waterbottleholder-inaction.jpg

Thanks for looking!

That's very nice. :) I've made water bottle holders but not with a strap that long. Good idea!

Also I like to put a tie at the top of mine, to keep the bottle nicely inside.

Great job! I love the color:) I ended up making one for my 12 year old niece in Peaches & Cream teal ombre. I followed the pattern exactly for the strap. I hope it isn't too short for her, but since I don't live near her, I wasn't sure how long the strap needed to be. oh well. I guess if it's too short, she can always tie it to something.

• 1 month later...

Archived