Scottish flag pillow

MimiFL

I made this pillow for a friend's Christmas present last year. Since she's a proud Scot, I decided to go with a flag pillow. I bought a rectangular 12x16 pillowform, and proceeded to graph said flag. I used a diagonal block stitch, which was a little harder this time because of the rectangular shape. I couldn't just do one simple white diagonal. Instead, I had to gradually move the diagonal to the other corner. I think it turned out ok, overall.

I used Simply Soft for this. The blue is new yarn, and the way SS has changed lately, I wasn't thrilled about it, but having already started, well, I finished. It's a nice color, just doesn't feel great to work with. The white SS I bought online. It's older yarn, from back when it was still spongy and soft. The seam is the same I always use, a crab stitch in a contrasting color. This time I chose a darker blue (dk country blue, if memory serves). Hope you like it. :)

scottish_pillow_withedge.jpg

Additional pics on my website, as always. :gift

• 3 months later...
Can anyone assist me in finding a pattern for this?

I found that this site: http://www.crochetcabana.com/stitches/diag-box-st.htm has the best instructions on how to do the diagnal stitch. You can chart out your pattern like filet stitch, but remember there are no open spaces in this type of pattern. You would be charting out the color changes, kind of like quilting.

MimiFL :cheer You did a wonderful job. It is a beautiful pillow.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess I'm a little late :blush but the reason the link is broken is because I moved my site to a new domain.

The second link should still work, but the first one will now be http://mimishome.net/crochet/scottish_pillow_withedge.jpg. :)

(hope it lets me put in that link)

Archived