CALs and Show & Tell

I've been looking thru some of the bigger CALs and there are some absolutely beautiful!!!

I wish that more people would double post and put their gorgeous creations in the show and tell thread also.

Amy has asked us not to double post, so that's probably why most of the people don't.

I know the CAL items are so beautiful! It's an incredible group of people here. I think it's interesting that non-crocheters think what we do is worth nothing.

I wish that more people would double post and put their gorgeous creations in the show and tell thread also.

Me too.

Amy has asked us not to double post, so that's probably why most of the people don't.

Really? I hadn't read that. Can you link us to where she says that?

Or maybe Amy can confirm.

Someone had a good suggestion to post in the show and tell and link to it in the CAL.

I rarely click links, doesn't matter if they're to blogs, photobucket, or wherever. I don't have time.

Here Here! Plus, by posting a photo Show and Tell and not in the CAL thread, more people might be likely to JOIN the CAL you just finished.

Yes, I do remember Amy asking not to double post UNLESS it was to put a CAL pic in S&T. I'll pm her and see what she says.

To me, double-posting means STARTING a new thread in different sections. If you're posting your pic on one CAL that's already started and then starting a new thread to Show and Tell, that's different in my mind.

As far as posting a pic in two spots saving "bandwidth", that makes no sense to me. The bandwidth for the photo is in photobucket/flicker, not on C'Ville. The action of reading and writing the post is all that's used on C'Villes servers.

To me, double-posting means STARTING a new thread in different sections. If you're posting your pic on one CAL that's already started and then starting a new thread to Show and Tell, that's different in my mind.

Same here.

As far as posting a pic in two spots saving "bandwidth", that makes no sense to me. The bandwidth for the photo is in photobucket/flicker, not on C'Ville. The action of reading and writing the post is all that's used on C'Villes servers.

Exactly.

Hi, everyone! I'll be glad to give you all the official Crochetville opinion on this topic, straight from the guidelines themselves! :lol It's definitely fine and even encouraged to post finished-product pics in both CAL and Show-and-Tell threads. While some people avidly read both areas, some only read one or the other. We want as many people as possible to see all the beautiful finished projects made by our members!

From our guidelines post:

No cross posting! When starting a new thread, please select the most appropriate folder to post in. Please post your new thread in one folder only. Any cross-posted threads will be merged into one for ease in keeping track of information. Exception to the cross posting rule: If you are involved in a crochet-along (CAL), you may cross post your completed project in both the CAL and Show-and-Tell.

Cross posting really does apply mostly to starting the same thread in more than one place. It might also apply if somebody was adding the exact same response to a huge number of threads for some reason. (But as far I know, that's never happened except with spammers trying to hide their spam in existing threads instead of starting new threads that are more noticeable.)

So toot your own horn and post your finished items in the applicable CAL thread and then go start your own Show-and-Tell thread. We want to drool over your work and add even more items to our "to crochet" lists. (Or do we? My list is quite long enough already!) :D

Cool!! Thank you Amy S. I love looking at all the finished projects and wish I was as talented as so many of the members are. Also am glad to know this as I will be posting a little in a CAL I joined and was wondering if I could put in Show and Tell also.

All that post their finished projects.... Your pictures are such a joy to look at.....A lot of talent among the members here.

Archived