Purse and Tote

itzhunic

I sewed a canvas tote inside my bag and put snaps in to close.

It holds tons of crochet projects!

clickable

th_DSCF1745.jpg

th_DSCF1744.jpg

This is the only purse I kept that I've made.

Lining in beaded hobo.

clickable

th_DSCF1742.jpg

th_DSCF1741.jpg

the lining in the purse I sewed by hand

the lining in the large tote, I kept measuring my bag until the canvas tote fit in it. I also cut the canvas straps and sewed the two together to make one long one, then added the snaps inside, where the two straps are and where the two straps were cut! :cheer

Your bags are great. I really like the idea of slipping a tote inside. A friend of mine crocheted a bag and slipped a cheap immitaiton leather bag inside. She cut the original straps and made crocheted belt to go with it. Great idea. No need to line the bag or to put closures and all the pockets/ compartments of a readymade bag are there to use. From out side you think what a lovely crochet bag.

Regards,

Thanks everyone for your comments! :) I love the idea of putting a cheap leather or any other purse that's cheap enough to do it with, inside the crocheted bag! :yay How awesome is that! :clap To have the compartments and zippered pockets in your crocheted bag! :yes Okay, I'm off to go look at my many many many purses I have (would you believe 18 avon boxes full) :blush and see if one of them can be used for this! :hook I'm sure I'll find quite a few and have to make choice of which one. :think Gotta try this!! :cheer

Archived