Shawler CAL

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the contrasting trim, too. Very pretty! All I've got left on mine is to sew one cuff closed, and weave in the ends. Oh, and sew on the three buttons I'm using. I'll post a pic when I'm finished--the green Azteca is gorgeous. I'm seriously in love with this yarn and the way it feels, although I'm unlikely to buy more any time in the near future ($$$$$$$). I used every bit, too--nothing wasted. I only have a couple of yards left over, at most, and I didn't have enough yarn to make a collar of any kind (which is fine). I suspect the linked double crochets took more yarn than regular dc's would have done.

Hi everyone, I'm new to Crochetville (thanks to Shelleden!). I just bought the shawler pattern wednesday evening and I have one side done, with 3/4's of the other side finished. I absolutely love this pattern. The yarn I'm using is Icelandic Jewels "Black pearl". (it's a black and light gray twist with multi colored ribbon through it). I'm thinking of doing the cuffs in black and also the trim. I haven't decided yet if I want to do the hood in black too or not.

Hi everyone, I'm new to Crochetville (thanks to Shelleden!). I just bought the shawler pattern wednesday evening and I have one side done, with 3/4's of the other side finished. I absolutely love this pattern. The yarn I'm using is Icelandic Jewels "Black pearl". (it's a black and light gray twist with multi colored ribbon through it). I'm thinking of doing the cuffs in black and also the trim. I haven't decided yet if I want to do the hood in black too or not.

Welcome paige :)

I can't wait to see pictures!!

Andrea...here's the links...they are a little slower but I do like the results.

Oh Theresa I mean linked dc's lol.

finally have a pic of mine It is not on me, but I have a pic of it finally.

Crochetwork001-2.jpg

i love this! It is just beautiful!

Thanks Theresa. I am anxious to wear it. It has not been cool enough here since I got it done to wear it out.

I am going to work on those linked dc's. It looks like the fabric made would be very warm.

Well, I went to dig out my black this afternoon, to do the hood and the cuffs only to discover my oldest daughter had taken all 8 skiens of black that I had. (seems every time she comes to visit something turns up missing lol) This is it so far with no hood or cuffs. I'll get some black next week to finish it up.

I'm not 100% sure about linking directly to each picture, but here is a link to my photo album. I've uploaded a scan of the yarn (a swatch) and a picture of my daughter modeling what is done so far.

http://sapphyre-cauldron.angelfire.com/crochet_album/

Well, I went to dig out my black this afternoon, to do the hood and the cuffs only to discover my oldest daughter had taken all 8 skiens of black that I had. (seems every time she comes to visit something turns up missing lol) This is it so far with no hood or cuffs. I'll get some black next week to finish it up.

I'm not 100% sure about linking directly to each picture, but here is a link to my photo album. I've uploaded a scan of the yarn (a swatch) and a picture of my daughter modeling what is done so far.

http://sapphyre-cauldron.angelfire.com/crochet_album/

How pretty! I just love the yarn you are using. Nice work ! Look forward to seeing the finished product!

Thanks ZoeZoesmom. I really got into the 'c-zone' with this. Now I have to find something quick to work on or I'll go through withdrawal lol.

I fell in love with the yarn when I saw it on an auction.

Thanks ZoeZoesmom. I really got into the 'c-zone' with this. Now I have to find something quick to work on or I'll go through withdrawal lol.

I fell in love with the yarn when I saw it on an auction.

Isn't it just awful when you don't have something on your hook. :eekMajor withdrawls!:lol Quick, pick up some yarn, don't you dare let that hook get cold!:hook

I know lol...and no fear...I'm going to work on a scarf for my 16yo, so at least I'll stay in the zone...unfortunately I'll have to try to pace myself so I go slowly lol.

I've had an extremely stressful couple of weeks at home and at work and just last night I threw up a white flag and said I need a break!

So I picked up my shawler and added a few rows. Then a few more this morning.

It's definately helping my stress level go down! Nice to see some progress too.

If I keep this up I may be able to give it as a Christmas gift!

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my pattern for a few weeks and I am now finally able to get a start on it. I do have a question though, has anyone made this with worsted weight yarn? Homespun and I do not get along at all. I love the things others have made with it but I just can't work with it. I was wondering how much yarn in worsted weight that I would have to purchase.

Thanks!!

Mindy-WI

where its 75 degrees today and we could have snow showers tomorrow :scrachin

• 3 weeks later...

I'm working on one in Homespun Edwardian. It's a special order for a customer. I sent her this picture to show her how it looks. She wanted black, so I told her Homepsun came in solid black or Edwardian which has a touch of grey mixed in, so it's like a dark charcoal. She decided to go with that. I included the solid black yarn for comparison. She loves it so far! :D

blackShawler.jpg

As I was very generously gifted this pattern from my holiday wish list I can't wait to get started!

Unfort' I have to see how far this weeks wages stretch before I can get yarn. The first one will be for my Mum for Xmas. I need to get started asap *lol*

Shelle.

I really like that as well. I think I would like this better then the black myself.

Kookaloo Star. I hope that you can get your yarn this week. It took me a few weeks to get mine done. I am not sure I could have one done for Christmas, hopefully you crochet faster then i do!!!!!

Archived