Shawler CAL

Your yarn choice sounds great and don't change your mind...just buy more! That way you can make another one as soon as you are done with the first one!

Post # 250 is correct....I think you are looking at the PAGE numbers... I think the post numbers are on the upper right corner of each post. LOL...you ARE a LITTLE excited, aren't you!

Yes I am :-) My family lives in Iowa and these will make wonderful Xmas gifts. They will be great for the fall and going to games in the evenings. I always give away everything i make so i'm going to start with me first lol Or I will never get one. lol

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Southern Judy, we've been gone all day, just now got on here. I see you found it okay. I just sent it to you!

Thanks, Theresa for pointing her in the right direction. :hug I need to add some more to my Etsy shop. It's all sold out!

Sorry Southern Judy, we've been gone all day, just now got on here. I see you found it okay. I just sent it to you!

Thanks, Theresa for pointing her in the right direction. :hug I need to add some more to my Etsy shop. It's all sold out!

I got the pattern!!! Thankyou so much. Now it's off to the yarn store hehehehe

I'm all done except for the trim. I'm a little confused at this point, do I trim just the front, or all around the whole shawler?

Thanks in advance

I'm all done except for the trim. I'm a little confused at this point, do I trim just the front, or all around the whole shawler?

Thanks in advance

Yes just around the front, but I have trimmed all around the whole shawler too on some that I've done...just to see what it looks like...I like both ways so actually what ever you want to do!

i have tried to click on the link and it says i dont have access to the pattern....i wonder why? any ideas? i would love to see what the pattern is.....

Click on the first link in Shelle's signature line...this will take you to the place to order the shawler.

URL=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/mrpicklesdeli/002.jpg]th_002.jpg[/url]

th_001.jpg

I finally finished my Shawler...I do need trim but I want to get some contrasting solid color, maybe burnt orange to put all around the trim.

I used the Collar pattern from Shelle instead of the hood.

The yarn is from Coats & Clark, a varigated mill end I bought on Ebay for $12.00 total.

I love it, but if I will make another one for winter, I would do it in HDC so there would not be so much holes from Double Crochet.

It is a great pattern and I enjoyed making it. I squeezed it in between other projects and gifts.

Thanks Shelle for a great pattern and for being available for questions.:cheer:cheer:cheer

001-1.jpg

I turned the picture right side up to see better....My husband took this late last night when after sweating from the heat all day...could be better picture...

I'm back on the Shawler bandwagon.....working on the second side of Shawler #5! Looks very pretty, using Moda Dea floral, just hope I don't run out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOO...can't wait to see that! How much have you used so far and what size hook?

Theresa,

You have not updated your blog since 2007, I was hoping to see your 4 1/2 Shawlers all together on your blog...

I can not believe you have done so many....:cheer

Even though I have reached Villager status, I am unable to access the link you have posted :(. Thanks!

I think that link is broken. A lot of people have said they can't acess it. Here's where the pattern is: http://crochetcabin.bravehost.com It's also in my Etsy shop. You can see some finished Shawlers 'villers have made, on my Blog, too. links in signature. :hook

Theresa,

You have not updated your blog since 2007, I was hoping to see your 4 1/2 Shawlers all together on your blog...

I can not believe you have done so many....:cheer

I know...isn't that sad! I have so much to catch up on there and just haven't had the time to do it yet! But I have only done 4 shawlers and forgot to take a pic of the last one I did, but I will try to get a pic of my dear sister wearing it sometime. Zoezoesmom is working on her fifth one, though and I've lost count of how many Shelle has done herself. I am going to try to get to that blog...soon...someday!

Joanne that looks great i am on my 2nd one in praire and need to get my butt working on it, just havnt seen to have the time. I may work on it tomorrow , I cross stitch alot as well so i have been really working hard on that lately. I do that more than crochet in the summer months and we have finally had some hot weather.

:cheerI finished! It came out great! Thank you Shelle for the great pattern.

You're welcome, but.... where are the pics? We want to see pics. We must see pics! :lol

OOOO...can't wait to see that! How much have you used so far and what size hook?

I don't remember what hook I am using...silly me and I did not count how many skeins I used!!!! It was alot!!!! I bet 18 or so because they are little skeins AND I ran out!!!!! I just picked up some black yarn for the hood and cuffs and saved just enough of the Moda Dea to trim it.....we'll see how that works out for me.

I have just recently started on the Shawler. I love thi pattern! But my question is, does anyone have tips or suggestions on when/where to put the increases? Any help would be greatly appreciated? Thank you!

Tammy { crafty_girl_08 }

I have just recently started on the Shawler. I love thi pattern! But my question is, does anyone have tips or suggestions on when/where to put the increases? Any help would be greatly appreciated? Thank you!

Tammy { crafty_girl_08 }

I marked my initial increases with a different color yarn and just kept moving them up as I went along...the increases do not have to be in the "exact" stitch every time.

I marked my initial increases with a different color yarn and just kept moving them up as I went along...the increases do not have to be in the "exact" stitch every time.

That sounds like about the easiest way to do it....not the way I did it! I added three stitches to the first number of each increase row and then 1 stitch to the next increases...lots of counting though and I ended up writing it all out. I like your way better!:clap

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally got my pattern ordered. Now I'm looking through my stash to see what I want to make this out of. I see the pattern calls for Homespun. Ok, the blue I want to use - of course I only have 4 skeins. So, I'm thinking maybe I'll pick up two more in like charchol gray or black and do some stripes and the hood and border in the darker color. Yeah, that sounds like a plan. How is everyone else doing???

No one has posted pics of their Shawler recently...I did....

If anyone needs a bunch of Homespun, Smileyyarn.com has it for 1.99 on its website, but you have to spend a total of 40.00...if you need yarn their site is worth it...:cheer

I finished my Shawler I did in Moda Dea Floral. I used black for the hood and cuffs, it turned out wonderful! I will try to post some pics over the weekend. Now I am going to start one in Bohemian. My name is Dawn and I am a Shawler addict!

Archived