Shawler CAL

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Theresa

Another one that is pretty even hanging on a tree ;)

I have both halves done on mine I started it before our vacation last month.. It really is easy and quick I have been working on mine between other projects it is a me me project.

And with it being over 103 this week don't think I will be wearing it any time soon.

I will have to post mine when I finish it and my computer is working. Don't think I can post pixs on hubby's lap top since it is for work.

Nice going lady is that the last one you have to do??

Loved the first one also it really looks great on you.

:hot

hugs and smiles and lots of sunshine

Hummywinger

the light colors are very pretty I love the homespun colors, the one I am doing is darker in color and has more browns and blues in it.

Thanks, ladies! I am working on one more right now for my Mom. If it gets too hot here though I won't feel like getting it done too quickly! This one is in Homespun Tudor, which are more of her colors!

Andrea...that's when I bought mine! I was lucky and hit two sales at two different stores! And the second one I made.....she bought the yarn!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how you all have completed your Shawler so fast, it has taken me about a month of working on it in front of the tv and I am finally almost done. I am up to sewing it together and putting on the cuffs and hood. I love it so far..Using varigated yarn gives it a neat look.

I will try to post pics of my progress tomorrow..:crocheting

Joanne...did you get it done? For me, the cuffs, hood and trim always seem to take the longest, I think it may be because I am so anxious to get it completed and am so close by the time I reach that point! Can't wait to see your pics! I am working on the second half of my fourth one...this will probably be my last one to have to get done this summer! I'm sure there are going to be more in my future, but just not right now.

Almost done with mine got sidetracked again with some projects for my mom. Ya know those me me projects-- always get put onto the back burner:eek:blush

Tis over 100 here in Calif so know I will not be wearing it to soon lol

Darlene

Almost done with mine got sidetracked again with some projects for my mom. Ya know those me me projects-- always get put onto the back burner:eek:blush

Tis over 100 here in Calif so know I will not be wearing it to soon lol

Darlene

I put my 4th one down for a bit (also sidetracked) but I hope to start working on it again....I want to make a few more for gifts.

Zoe

They are quick and could probably be done in a day or two depending on time to crochet... I will probably only do this one for me unless my dds show interest in one.... They are better for states with colder weather more of the year. Sunny Calif here but they would be perfect for mornings or evenings along the coast

Love the pattern

Darlene

How come I can't see the pattern? I have insufficient access. Sounds like fun though :)

What are you clicking on? Several people have had this problem. I'd like to fix it if I can.

The pattern is in my Etsy shop and on my website. Links in signature. Please let me know where you tried to see it and failed. Hopefully I can fix it. :hook

I have not gotten to the hood or wrists yet and will soon between other projects.

I do not know how some of you are on your 4th one already, it goes quick but it has taken me about one month , not consistently...

will post tomorrow...

Here is the Homespun Shawl that I just finished. I used a triangular granny pattern throughout and bordered with sc. It took 6 skeins of Homespun and is 6 feet wide. And I used a K hook.

2637050173_c91d63eeed_m.jpg

2637877376_06ca174bb5_m.jpg

The very first post in this thread has a link that is supposed to direct us to the shawler but it doesn't work.

I bought the pattern in April bought the yarn but got sidetracked. Maybe you all have influenced me to pick it up again. I wish I'd seen the CAL earlier.

Beth

The very first post in this thread has a link that is supposed to direct us to the shawler but it doesn't work.

I bought the pattern in April bought the yarn but got sidetracked. Maybe you all have influenced me to pick it up again. I wish I'd seen the CAL earlier.

Beth

Ah the first post's link does not lead you to the pattern, it leads you to an old forum thread that apparently is gone that mentions the pattern.

Go to the second post, the post by the designer herself *Waves to Shel* and click on her links to her etsy or her web page for the pattern.

Hugs

Kath

How many skeins of Homespun does it take to make the Shawler pattern as written and what size hook is recommended?

Thanks!

I think used 6 skeins and a size K hook. Some people have said it took 7 (or maybe more) skeins for them. :hook

I think used 6 skeins and a size K hook. Some people have said it took 7 (or maybe more) skeins for them. :hook

Thank-you! I just purchased your pattern on Esty.

Oh! Yes, I recognize the name. I have a friend named Lorraine Redman, and at first I thought it was her! lol

Thanks so much! Let me know if you have any questions. :hook

Does anyone know where the tutorial is for the cuffs? I got an e-mail from someone having trouble. I've just spent 20 min. searching this thread, hopping around, and not having any luck finding it yet. TIA!

Archived