I Love This Yarn

:yay I received my first shipment of I Love This Yarn. I ordered 14 skeins of Ivory last week. Now the only question I have is...which afghan pattern should I use? :think I'm thinking about using this yarn as an afghan for myself. Something I could work on for a few minutes every day in between Snuggles. I haven't ever made myself anything. :blush I've always given everything I crochet away. Any suggestions on what would be a good pattern?

I REALLY Love that yarn!! I mean a serious addicion to it!!!! I love the seraphina made up with it, so soft and cosy, ANYthing would be perfect with tis yarn!!! Congrats, I have a WIP with it, but mum;s the word, its a pressy....

Me too!! Love this yarn!!! I'm making a baby blanket with it and it just works so easily. LOL!! I just bought 4 skeins of Ivory a week or so ago too! (along with some Antique White and High Sierra Ombre) I'm using the Ivory for the baby blanket... I know it's not really practical for a baby (I don't think) but it was the [first-time] mother's request. 'Nough said...!

Oh...I went back and forth between the Antique White and Ivory numerous times. I took an evening to sleep on it and decided on the Ivory. lol. I also think the Orchid's pretty too.

I found a pattern called SusanB's Alternating V Shell Afghan #2. I started it last night and worked on it for a couple hours. It's a quick pattern and it looks good with the Ivory. So far I've completed 6 rows.

One of my friends is waiting for her yarn too. I told her about the I Love This Yarn being on sale last week and she ended up getting I think 30 skeins of varied colors.

I have made numerous ghans, rugs, shawls and scarves with this yarn. I love it. I have been using it since it first came out.

I made a 2 strand ghan using ILTY and RHSS. I have been using it constantly since I was put on bed rest 4 weeks ago. I noticed the other day that the ILTY was starting to get fuzzy. I threw it in the washer and most of the fuzziness is gone now. This is the first time I noticed any fuzzies on anything I've made with it. Even the rugs that get walked on daily haven't fuzzed. The color that fuzzed was white.

I have switched to another 2 strander that has ILTY in it. I am giving this one a good testing, and so far no fuzzies. The color in this one is High Sierra Ombre.

Hopefully that was just a fluke and nothing else with ILTY fuzzes up.

Right on. I'll be on the lookout for the fuzzies. I haven't noticed any, but I'm still on my first skein.

Now I did notice that there was a couple inch section where the yarn puffed out a little more than the rest of the yarn around it, but I just kept going anyway. I figure it adds to the character of the afghan.

I was lucky enough to find a hobby lobby during spring break, and I got a bunch of I Love This Yarn as well...I think I'm going to make a ripple afghan out of mine...unless some other pattern comes along and makes me change my mind! I think I like this yarn so far....very soft!

It is Hobby Lobby's brand of yarn. You can get it there and if there isn't a Hobby Lobby near you, you can get it here

Thanks so much, no Hobby Lobby's here but I'll check the link.

i went to ohio for the first time with my boyfriend about a week ago. his family lives there so i went there to meet them for the first time. =) i live in new jersey and we don't have any hobby lobby's around here. i fell in LOVE with the store. i totally wanted to move there just because of that store. and that yarn!!! i can't wait to go back and get some, i ended up getting some fancy crochet hooks and nylon thread this time. =D

My Mother and I can't stop :haha when we work with this yarn, because that's what we keep saying as we :crocheting with it, "I Love This Yarn"!

Regarding ILTY...well, I love this yarn. :manyheart I finished a Bobboletta several weeks ago (I've been meaning to share a picture of it) with the peach color, and it turned out real nice.

I'm going to make an afghan for my nephew's wedding..in six months.

Archived